Easter PSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me just say right here if any of you guys know of anyone who "tires" of their new Easter pet -- whether it be a bunny, chick, or duckling -- let them know they can bring them to me and I will take them off their hands, no questions asked. No, I will not reimburse them, or pay a rehoming fee. And no, I will not drive to the panhandle. I will, however, meet them anywhere in the OKC Metro area.

That is all.
Good to know because my grandson and my wife have been bugging me to get a chick at tractor supply. Now that we live behind gates around 33 other families I could probably get away with it for a while without getting caught then I didn't know what I was going to do with it. I'll keep you advised Annie.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to know because my grandson and my wife have been bugging me to get a chick at tractor supply. Now that we live behind gates around 33 other families I could probably get away with it for a while without getting caught then I didn't know what I was going to do with it. I'll keep you advised Annie.

Ok, I'll sure take it. Piece of advice. If you don't want to listen to CONSTANT distress chirping -- like 24/7 -- get 2. I'm not telling you that because I want you to fund my new flock. Just know how loud they can be when then are scared and lonely. Even adult birds don't do well without a companion.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I'll sure take it. Piece of advice. If you don't want to listen to CONSTANT distress chirping -- like 24/7 -- get 2. I'm not telling you that because I want you to fund my new flock. Just know how loud they can be when then are scared and lonely. Even adult birds don't do well without a companion.

Very true!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cows are the same way. Raise one for butcher, they will go seriously nuts sometimes if they don't have a companion.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We used to put a wind-up clock with orphan pups or kittens. The ticking seems to help keep 'em calm at night.

No clue whether it would work with birds. :anyone:

We kept a radio playing in the building my parents raised parakeets in. They were noticeably calmer when we went in to clean and feed than before when there was no ambient sound in the building. Thank GOD. Btw, I hate parakeets. :censored:

The only domesticated animal I can think of that doesn't need a companion animal to live it's best life is ... you guess it ... cats. :bowdown:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
We kept a radio playing in the building my parents raised parakeets in. They were noticeably calmer when we went in to clean and feed than before when there was no ambient sound in the building. Thank GOD. Btw, I hate parakeets. :censored:

The only domesticated animal I can think of that doesn't need a companion animal to live it's best life is ... you guess it ... cats. :bowdown:

Which is probably the reason I like them so much.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Which is funny (ironic) to me. I am very much a social person. I, like those chicks, would go nuts and bananas if I don't get some social interaction. However, needy animals make me want to get a shovel start digging shallow graves in the back 40.

Latest posts

Top Bottom