Easter PSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which is funny (ironic) to me. I am very much a social person. I, like those chicks, would go nuts and bananas if I don't get some social interaction. However, needy animals make me want to get a shovel start digging shallow graves in the back 40.

That's too funny. People think I'm a social person but really I'm not. Generally speaking I LOVE it when the old man is at work and I'm here by myself. I don't generally like going out and unless there is something "out in public" that needs to be done, like errands, I stay home. I'm like my ducks -- unless you come bearing bribes ... errr ... gifts -- don't bug me!

If I'm at an ENS, or FGL lunch that's different because I CHOOSE to be social but honestly I try REALLY, REALLY hard to be like my widow neighbor -- she leaves the house once a month. And you better not show up at her house unannounced. Lol

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've fed singles before with no issue?

Depends on the individual critter, of course. They're all different ... just like people. Some are jumpers. Some are not. I've seen some cows we could not keep in a corral. We just never took the chance. There was always somebody willing to take one!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on the individual critter, of course. They're all different ... just like people. Some are jumpers. Some are not. I've seen some cows we could not keep in a corral. We just never took the chance. There was always somebody willing to take one!
True and I've had jumpers who always wanted out even though they were among the herd.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I'll sure take it. Piece of advice. If you don't want to listen to CONSTANT distress chirping -- like 24/7 -- get 2. I'm not telling you that because I want you to fund my new flock. Just know how loud they can be when then are scared and lonely. Even adult birds don't do well without a companion.
Well Annie, had to stop by TSC because they still had that darn chicks are here sign out. We went in and not a chick one to be had. Woo hoo, my luck is still holding !

Latest posts

Top Bottom