Eat and Shoot Dates Established -@gerhard1 's Outdooor Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So today the weather says 35 for the high on Saturday !
Good point. When you get to Medford, go nine miles north on US 81, to the tiny town of Renfrow. Turn west on Logan Road, go about three quarters of a mile to the white mailbox on the south side, Turn in the driveway, and go past the barn. The range is just south of the barn.

Please be aware that my cousin is running livestock on my place and there is an electric fence around the range area so it might be best to avoid peeing on it.

Well you just take all the fun out of everything dontcha!!:cool:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good point. When you get to Medford, go nine miles north on US 81, to the tiny town of Renfrow. Turn west on Logan Road, go about three quarters of a mile to the white mailbox on the south side, Turn in the driveway, and go past the barn. The range is just south of the barn.

Please be aware that my cousin is running livestock on my place and there is an electric fence around the range area so it might be best to avoid peeing on it.

Is that just past N3000 RD?

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that just past N3000 RD?
My place is just to the west of N3000 (also known as County Road 1000). When you get to Logan Road, turn to the west and go to the white mailbox about a quarter mile from Logan. I'll put a sign out like I did last time, saying OSA with an arrow.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as I don't have to open any of those electric gates, I'm good. More than once, we had gates with cracked handles.

Ha!! Father-in-law always said that as long as one was wearing rubber overshoes, they would never feel the electrical charge. We were out repairing a break in the middle of the fence. I was pulling the wire from one direction and he had the stretchers hooked to the other wire. As he was trying to get "my" wire into the clamp of the stretchers, he noticed the wire jerking.

Yep, I was feeling it even with rubber boots.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as I don't have to open any of those electric gates, I'm good. More than once, we had gates with cracked handles.

Ha!! Father-in-law always said that as long as one was wearing rubber overshoes, they would never feel the electrical charge. We were out repairing a break in the middle of the fence. I was pulling the wire from one direction and he had the stretchers hooked to the other wire. As he was trying to get "my" wire into the clamp of the stretchers, he noticed the wire jerking.

Yep, I was feeling it even with rubber boots.
HAHA! Old man's tale that rubber boots will insulate you. Way to many impurities in rubber boots to do that. Tires won't, inner tubes won't, etc. We tried them all stringing electric fence over the years.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah... rubber heater hose don't work either. :D

Too much carbon in the mix. :drunk2:

Yup.
Carbon black. We have a plant here in town that supplies a whole lot of it to the major tire manufacturers in this part of the country.
Nasty place. I can't believe the workers don't have black lung. They might, I just don't know.
Signs in several stores in town saying if you work at carbon black, don't enter the store with your work shoes.
They get an hour a day after work on the clock to shower and clean up. Some take the hour to do that, and some just go home an hour early covered in that stuff. It doesn't clean up easily.
They lost a major lawsuit several years ago for polluting the city and the rural areas around it. The trees were black, the grass was black, and the road leaving the place was black. They spent tons of money buying out and relocating a small community that had developed around it.
We would have that carbon black on our porch occasionally if the wind was right. We are only 2 miles away as the crow flies.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My place is just to the west of N3000 (also known as County Road 1000). When you get to Logan Road, turn to the west and go to the white mailbox about a quarter mile from Logan. I'll put a sign out like I did last time, saying OSA with an arrow.

So, if one gets to the electrical substation, does that mean they went too far? Is the barn "L-shaped?" (I'm looking on Google Maps.)

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK. Let's see if I can make this work. Info from the last ENS at Gary's place eighteen months ago ...

GPS coordinates 36.925945, -97.664103

screenshot_20170707-095434-jpg.103285

screenshot_20170707-100431-jpg.103286

And, what about canopies and folding chairs? Want me to bring name tags again?

Latest posts

Top Bottom