Eat Less Meat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol, they play up the machismo of punching a cow, but I've seen it before.

The family used to send us boys to my moms fathers farm over summer. In dry years, we'd feed cotton seed to the cows along with hay. One year, the new bull had a real rude demeanor, it would walk up to the truck and punt you out of his way. One day, he nudged that old man hard enough to toss him on the flatbed. He hopped down and took a swing at that bull. Hit him so hard right between the eyes the bull stumbled around and ed broke his hand. That bull never chased the feed truck after that.
Dad had a brand new 73 Chevy pickup and I was on the Yamaha Enduro. We were trying to corral a wayward cow that had broken out of the pasture onto the green wheat. That cow chased me on the Yamaha and I wasn't that proficient at riding as I just got it put together and was trying it out. It stalled and the cow was headed for me. Dad put the new Chevy in between and that cow rammed the door putting a big dent in it. Dad was so mad he gunned that Chevy and rammed that cow rolling her over on her back. He hit her again and again rolled that old cuss. She got up and shook her head and let go of a Moof! and ran straight for the open gate.

He made sure we knew her eartag and we ate her a year later.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shared it on FB and tagged my vegan sister. As usual she just read the headline and liked it. I am sure some of her vegans friends are going to tell her about it. :P

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
same reason they make steers. and where do you think turkey fries come from at cattlemen s? if you castrate a rooster and tom they can grow longer before you have to butcher them and the meat is more and tenderer.
LOL, I do not go to Cattlemans for turkey fries I go for the steak and Ranch dressing!! :cool: Had no clue they even sold turkey fries

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats wrong with Taylor Swift?!
It rubbed some people the wrong way how she made her name in country music, then turned her back on it and went pop.

Personally, though, I couldn’t possibly care less about what she does, on stage or off. A singer just ain’t worth getting all worked up.

I mean, unless it’s a Singer 1911A1. That’s worth the effort.

Latest posts

Top Bottom