Eat N Shoot After Action Report: 05/08/21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you to those who put it all together. Well Done!

You weren’t there long but very nice to finally meet you!

A couple of my pics.

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to start a new post as evidently my pics ate up too much bandwidth.

I had a devious plan to win the “sharpshooter event” by gaming the stated rules, but backed out at the last minute.
I’m sure one of these tiny .45 ACP shotshell “bullets” would have hit dead center….

IMG_2474.jpg

[emoji23][emoji23]

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to start a new post as evidently my pics ate up too much bandwidth.

I had a devious plan to win the “sharpshooter event” by gaming the stated rules, but backed out at the last minute.
I’m sure one of these tiny .45 ACP shotshell “bullets” would have hit dead center….

View attachment 204820

[emoji23][emoji23]
That would have been funny

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do have to say, the trp 10mm @GUN DOG has is nice. Going to have to put one on my short list.

Glad you guys had a good time. Looking at the pics I'm not sure if which part you guys enjoyed more, the eatin or the chootin..

We were better at eating. I didn’t see a single miss.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to give a HUGE Shout Out to Mike, the owner of Big Boys. He went above and beyond, one by giving us our own Bay, and also by relaxing the rules and letting us police our selves.

Amen to that! Big Boys accommodated us in fine fashion. Mike Blackwell runs a class show down there at Big Boys; all his people are top notch too.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, we had a decent turnout and a lot of fun. I didn't take as many pics as I should have, but make sure you get the chance to come to one of these events in the future. I'll post up the pics that came out half-way decent anyway. One of the best is the pic of the targets of our little informal 10 yards one-shot competition. The target was a 1-inch Red Bullseye.

We had two groups shoot, then the winners of each group had a shoot off for the Grand Champeenship. In the first group, HFS (Hick From the Sticks) nailed it dead center! A 1-inch bull at 10 yards and he drilled it! Then in the second group,. Matt Giroux claimed first place being 0.18" off the bull. Dang good shooting! So we pit these two deadeyes against each other:
Our man HFS shot a 0.13" inch off center. I mean it was close! Matt shot a dead center bull on this round though, and was declared the overall winner! Both of these guys are deadly shooters. (Do your best to avoid a gunfight with either one).

Matt was shooting a suppressed S&W Victory .22LR, and HFS chose to do battle with my Two-Tone West German Walther
PPK/S in .22LR. I was impressed with Matt's shooting for sure, but I stand in awe of HFS using my stock PPK/S to do as well as he did. Holy Moley!

It was a good, fun day for all at the range, then we descended on Del Rancho for the eatin' part. I sat across from HFS, and his eatin' was darn near as impressive as his shootin'! I kept my fingers away from his plate and that's no lie!

First pic is Xseler; he is a known desperado and those two deadeyes should count their blessings that he went easy on 'em.
View attachment 204775
Nest pic is of Jimmy taking a picture of me taking a picture of him. I hesitated to post this cause he ugly, but the camera blocks most of his mug.
View attachment 204776
Next is a photo of Jimmy, Matt, and Gun Dog. A handsome fellow indeed.
View attachment 204777
As shot of HFS blazin' away from the back; I damned sure wasn't going to be anywhere near his line of sight.
View attachment 204778
Here's the target pics from the shoot-off for your viewing enjoyment. Top two are HFS, a bull and 0.13"; Bottom two are Matt Giroux. 0.18" won his group, then he shot a bull in the final to HFS at 0.13"

This was at TEN YARDS and a ONE-INCH Bull! Darned sure was a good show of shooting skills on both their parts!
View attachment 204780
I did better in this phase, the EAT part. Here's us chowing down at Del Rancho afterwards. I couldn't help but notice all the Hot Chicks checkin' us out there too. The guy in the light yellow shirt on the left is ChadH20...notice how his cheeks are all puffed out? I think he ate that gigantic chicken fry in two bites!
View attachment 204783
COWARD!!! Post my picture of you, or I'll
post those pictures of you in that leather vest and chaps, that you think no one knows about.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, we had a decent turnout and a lot of fun. I didn't take as many pics as I should have, but make sure you get the chance to come to one of these events in the future. I'll post up the pics that came out half-way decent anyway. One of the best is the pic of the targets of our little informal 10 yards one-shot competition. The target was a 1-inch Red Bullseye.

We had two groups shoot, then the winners of each group had a shoot off for the Grand Champeenship. In the first group, HFS (Hick From the Sticks) nailed it dead center! A 1-inch bull at 10 yards and he drilled it! Then in the second group,. Matt Giroux claimed first place being 0.18" off the bull. Dang good shooting! So we pit these two deadeyes against each other:
Our man HFS shot a 0.13" inch off center. I mean it was close! Matt shot a dead center bull on this round though, and was declared the overall winner! Both of these guys are deadly shooters. (Do your best to avoid a gunfight with either one).

Matt was shooting a suppressed S&W Victory .22LR, and HFS chose to do battle with my Two-Tone West German Walther
PPK/S in .22LR. I was impressed with Matt's shooting for sure, but I stand in awe of HFS using my stock PPK/S to do as well as he did. Holy Moley!

It was a good, fun day for all at the range, then we descended on Del Rancho for the eatin' part. I sat across from HFS, and his eatin' was darn near as impressive as his shootin'! I kept my fingers away from his plate and that's no lie!

First pic is Xseler; he is a known desperado and those two deadeyes should count their blessings that he went easy on 'em.
View attachment 204775
Nest pic is of Jimmy taking a picture of me taking a picture of him. I hesitated to post this cause he ugly, but the camera blocks most of his mug.
View attachment 204776
Next is a photo of Jimmy, Matt, and Gun Dog. A handsome fellow indeed.
View attachment 204777
As shot of HFS blazin' away from the back; I damned sure wasn't going to be anywhere near his line of sight.
View attachment 204778
Here's the target pics from the shoot-off for your viewing enjoyment. Top two are HFS, a bull and 0.13"; Bottom two are Matt Giroux. 0.18" won his group, then he shot a bull in the final to HFS at 0.13"

This was at TEN YARDS and a ONE-INCH Bull! Darned sure was a good show of shooting skills on both their parts!
View attachment 204780
I did better in this phase, the EAT part. Here's us chowing down at Del Rancho afterwards. I couldn't help but notice all the Hot Chicks checkin' us out there too. The guy in the light yellow shirt on the left is ChadH20...notice how his cheeks are all puffed out? I think he ate that gigantic chicken fry in two bites!
View attachment 204783

Hey Good!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a great time. I was going to head to Enid around 11 so I planned to come put some names with faces before I headed north. Didn’t get out of the house til about 8:35 then realized after a few miles that I didn’t have my range bag. It has my eyes and ears in it. At that point, I’d have missed greetin and meetin everyone. Dang it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom