Eat N Shoot After Action Report: 05/08/21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 204780
I did better in this phase, the EAT part. Here's us chowing down at Del Rancho afterwards. I couldn't help but notice all the Hot Chicks checkin' us out there too. The guy in the light yellow shirt on the left is ChadH20...notice how his cheeks are all puffed out? I think he ate that gigantic chicken fry in two bites!
View attachment 204783
Pics or it didn't happen.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, we had a decent turnout and a lot of fun. I didn't take as many pics as I should have, but make sure you get the chance to come to one of these events in the future. I'll post up the pics that came out half-way decent anyway. One of the best is the pic of the targets of our little informal 10 yards one-shot competition. The target was a 1-inch Red Bullseye.

We had two groups shoot, then the winners of each group had a shoot off for the Grand Champeenship. In the first group, HFS (Hick From the Sticks) nailed it dead center! A 1-inch bull at 10 yards and he drilled it! Then in the second group,. Matt Giroux claimed first place being 0.18" off the bull. Dang good shooting! So we pit these two deadeyes against each other:
Our man HFS shot a 0.13" inch off center. I mean it was close! Matt shot a dead center bull on this round though, and was declared the overall winner! Both of these guys are deadly shooters. (Do your best to avoid a gunfight with either one).

Matt was shooting a suppressed S&W Victory .22LR, and HFS chose to do battle with my Two-Tone West German Walther
PPK/S in .22LR. I was impressed with Matt's shooting for sure, but I stand in awe of HFS using my stock PPK/S to do as well as he did. Holy Moley!

It was a good, fun day for all at the range, then we descended on Del Rancho for the eatin' part. I sat across from HFS, and his eatin' was darn near as impressive as his shootin'! I kept my fingers away from his plate and that's no lie!

First pic is Xseler; he is a known desperado and those two deadeyes should count their blessings that he went easy on 'em.
View attachment 204775
Nest pic is of Jimmy taking a picture of me taking a picture of him. I hesitated to post this cause he ugly, but the camera blocks most of his mug.
View attachment 204776
Next is a photo of Jimmy, Matt, and Gun Dog. A handsome fellow indeed.
View attachment 204777
As shot of HFS blazin' away from the back; I damned sure wasn't going to be anywhere near his line of sight.
View attachment 204778
Here's the target pics from the shoot-off for your viewing enjoyment. Top two are HFS, a bull and 0.13"; Bottom two are Matt Giroux. 0.18" won his group, then he shot a bull in the final to HFS at 0.13"

This was at TEN YARDS and a ONE-INCH Bull! Darned sure was a good show of shooting skills on both their parts!
View attachment 204780
I did better in this phase, the EAT part. Here's us chowing down at Del Rancho afterwards. I couldn't help but notice all the Hot Chicks checkin' us out there too. The guy in the light yellow shirt on the left is ChadH20...notice how his cheeks are all puffed out? I think he ate that gigantic chicken fry in two bites!
View attachment 204783

Whose who in that last pic?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whose who?

1st Pic: Me in the red OSA shirt, scoring targets. Catt57 is signing his target and Okie 98, seated, in light blue, looks on.

2nd Pic: On the left, Catt57 with hipster ponytail. The guy in gray who looks like he's courtin' trouble is HFS (He kept mumblin' "I'm your Huckleberry"). Far back in Red is Gun Dog, to his left in light yellow is ChadH2O. I think that's El Pablo in the purple to Chad's left. Surjimmy, also in light yellow shirt is in front of me, in red OSA shirt, seated. And once again, Okie98 seated in light blue shirt and looks like he's thinkin' about the EAT part coming up in a bit.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
COWARD!!! Post my picture of you, or I'll
post those pictures of you in that leather vest and chaps, that you think no one knows about.

I really enjoyed the ENS today... the eatin' part of the event...

I enjoyed my meal even though the guy across from me was putting honey on his chicken fried chicken with gravy. His wife was very sweet though so that made up for it. [emoji16]

Thanks to everyone for making it a fun event!

That was Jimmy (@surjimmy) who puts honey on a chicken fry with gravy. I've seen him do it before and I think he actually thinks it tastes good!

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So glad to see that everyone had a good time. I wish I could have made it but my plans had to change last minute. It wasn't all bad though. I made it over to my buddies gun shop this afternoon and was offered a smoking deal on a new G19x. I don't have a use for it in mind (just like the G34 MOS I won the other day), but it was too good of a deal to pass up. Then I was able to meet @Mad Professor this evening and drop off some stuff with him. There was a bit of an adventure involved with that meet up! I'll let him explain if he wants to!

Shoot out at the gun shop corral?

Lost a matchup with a pot hole. [emoji15]

thor446 was nice enough to swing by and give me a hand.

IMG_7623.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom