Eating joint recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wanting to get out of town this Friday on my day off, do something different. Have been thinking about going to either Lawton or Amarillo, and was wondering if anyone might suggest a good eating joint in either place. I don't go to either town very often, so not familiar with the local spots. Also, anything west of OKC to Elk City might be a possiblility as well. TIA

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my case I know the biggest part of it would come home in a doggie bag but just to be able to say I gave it a shot I've always wanted drive out and attempt the 4.5 lb. steak (with all the trimmings) at the Big Texan in Amarillo.

https://www.bigtexan.com/72-oz-steak/

If you make it to Amarillo and are feeling Really hungry you might want to give it a try.

72 oz..jpg

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No suggestions but have driven through that area many times going down I40
I usually have an ice chest with bologna and other goodies.

I like to go to Love WMA and walk around and see if I can find a hog to shoot an off days.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
No suggestions but have driven through that area many times going down I40
I usually have an ice chest with bologna and other goodies.

I like to go to Love WMA and walk around and see if I can find a hog to shoot an off days.
Thats where I'm going this weekend! Also gonna take the canoe out while there and see if it floats. Should be exciting.

On the subject of eatin' joints, @TwoForFlinching had a burrito shop suggestion in lawton, but I cannot remember what the name or any details were, and I cannot find the thread where they mentioned it.

Edit: Ah, he's already here!

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wanting to get out of town this Friday on my day off, do something different. Have been thinking about going to either Lawton or Amarillo, and was wondering if anyone might suggest a good eating joint in either place. I don't go to either town very often, so not familiar with the local spots. Also, anything west of OKC to Elk City might be a possiblility as well. TIA

I would avoid the knee and elbow joints. Not much meat on them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats where I'm going this weekend! Also gonna take the canoe out while there and see if it floats. Should be exciting.

On the subject of eatin' joints, @TwoForFlinching had a burrito shop suggestion in lawton, but I cannot remember what the name or any details were, and I cannot find the thread where they mentioned it.

Edit: Ah, he's already here!

Dude, the burrito shop is legit. Cali Burrito. They have 2 locations here in town, I like the OG shop at F Street and 10th in the ghetto. Amazing toddler sized burritos.

Not sure if I mentioned it before also, the taco cafe at El Rodeo (Mexican grocery store at 6th Street and Lee Blvd) I swear, the more weird the cut of meat sounds, the better it tastes. The beef cheek is awesome, the tongue is super steaky, and the spicy pork I can't remember the name of is the bomb. Knowing a little Spanish goes a long way, but I used the Google translate app for years there.

The burger joints are also really good. I eat Wayne's quite a bit, don't get to Burgess much. Only opened at lunch and only takes cash. People rave about it though.

There's a ton of great eats in Lawton. If you dig Korean BBQ, The Junction is off the charts. I skipped it for years because it's in a bad neighborhood and seems like the type of place you'd wake up without a kidney, but the bulgogi there is the best I've ever had. China Wok (another hole in the wall place) at Sheridan and Cache is legit for Chinese food. If you like German food, Mutti's regularly scores pretty high in opinions. Lots of military members and brats swear it's just like living in Germany. It was good if not an odd introduction to German food.

It's a shame we don't have a good BBQ joint or steak place here. It's all chain restaurants and fast food.

Latest posts

Top Bottom