Eating joint recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats the smell of money.
On the south side of Seminole there used to be (and may still be) a big tank battery that reeked of petroleum products (I’m no expert, but I’m sure that it being full of petroleum products had something to do with that). I once asked what the smell was, and I got the same answer as when I asked about it near the stock yards—that’s the smell of money. So I asked my mom why money always smelled so bad, to which she replied, why do you think they call it filthy lucre?

And if you’re going to Amarillo, you should stop by the Big Texan just to say you’ve been there, but it’s not worth making a trip for it, IMHO. I mean, steak is good, but the steaks I and my dad had there were pretty meh, and overpriced, to boot.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only two places I can vouch for is Firo Pizza in Lawton and Coyote Bluff Cafe in Amarillo. Dang fine burgers at Coyote Bluff and Firo bakes pizza in a big open wood fire oven and they are great.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Since I’m 2 Hours North of Amarillo I go there a lot more than OKC. My suggestion is to not go to the Big Texan. It’s neat and I guess you can say you’ve been there but it’s really probably one of the worst places to eat in Amarillo.

I always end up eating at places like y’all have in OKC. Texas Roadhouse. Logan’s. Saltgrass if you guys have that? I don’t know. Hoffbrau Steaks is a good place too.

Amarillo does have a pretty good Japanese place. Kabuki Romanza.

Blue Sky is good to if you like burgers. It reminds me of “The Garage” there in Edmond.

Latest posts

Top Bottom