Eating joint recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In Amarillo, Blue Sky is great for burgers. Coyote Bluff is good, but it is tiny, or at least used to be, and you may have to wait a while. El Tejavan is excellent Mexican. My Thai had really good Thai food. Sharky’s Burrito Company was much better than Chipotle. It’s been a few years since we lived there, things may have changed. Don’t bother with the Big Texan, it’s a tourist trap.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a recommendation for a place to eat, but if you want to see something cool, just hit a fast food joint and then head south to Canyon, TX and go east of there to Palo Duro Canyon State Park. One can be driving along in rolling hills and look to the south and see a hint of a big hole in the ground.

More Palo Duro photos here.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A mile or two west of Clinton on I-40 - Jiggs Smokehouse. Old rickety building that should've toppled over 20 years ago. Small menu, but sandwiches from heaven!!

Jiggs.JPG

Order the Kitchen Sink and thank me later.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Medicine Park just north of Lawton. It's been a few years since I have been there.
https://www.theoldplantationrestaurant.com

Man. I forgot about that place. Have eaten there a few times and always liked it. My kinda atmosphere, nice staff, good food and a fairly well equipped bar. (I sometimes like sipping a whiskey after dinner)

Latest posts

Top Bottom