Eating rattlesnake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m guessing it’s done when the meat flakes like fish maybe? Or pulls away from the bones easy?

Pretty much... I've only had it at The Fort restaurant but that's what it was like.

***Side Note*** If you like American frontier type food like elk, rattlesnake, bison, etc...if you ever find yourself in Morrison, CO, have dinner at The Fort. It's 1/2 hour west of Denver right at the base of the foothills just off US-285. It's pricey, but it's good food and a great experience.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least five feet. On full-size American trucks, it's just over four feet clear between the wheel wells, so that tailgate should be somewhere around five feet wide.
Good point, and from rattle to where I cut the head off is hanging over the sides on both ends. And I cut probably 3-4 inches of neck off taking the head. I could fit the entire blade face of my kukri knife inside the mouth.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Shinneryfarmer I can’t reply to your message for some reason. I think mine was made by GK knives. They claim to make kukri knives for the royal ghurkas. A basic model like this goes for 80 bucks I think. It’s definitely all there, here’s a pic of the spine. Handmade by some barefoot dude out of old truck springs in Nepal or India. While it wouldn’t have the same sentimental value, maybe a new one similar could carry on the memory.

image.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good point, and from rattle to where I cut the head off is hanging over the sides on both ends. And I cut probably 3-4 inches of neck off taking the head. I could fit the entire blade face of my kukri knife inside the mouth.
He was certainly a big ol' boy. Or girl. I wouldn't want to presume its gender.

Latest posts

Top Bottom