Ebay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
5F1CE163-1B76-4C56-99A4-8698A2DB82DE.jpeg

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've sold a lot of vintage electronics and stuff on ebay, there used to be some protections for the seller as well, but now it is essentially ALL in the buyers favor. Basically, I won't sell on ebay anymore and I buy whatever I want because I can send it back, no hassles at all besides boxing back up and getting the label. Heck, the seller even has to pay return shipping. Even if they say in their listing no returns, as is, ebay will step in for the buyer and force them to take it back or they will front it on their end. You can't lose.
That's not quite right. If a seller has a no returns policy you can only return it if there's something wrong. eBay will not force a seller to accept a return something just for the giggles. Also, eBay will absolutely boot buyers for abuse of the returns system. Last time I was forced to accept a return because something "didn't work" I proved to eBay they were full of it, had all my charges refunded and that buyer was off platform soon enough.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a similar deal. I‘ve bought thousands of AA lithium batteries for game cameras off eBay, and last fall I bought some but was shipped AAA’s. I contacted the seller, and he told me to keep them and shipped me AA’s. I‘m like you and don’t know how a person makes money giving stuff away, because it doesn’t work for me. :anyone:
Volume.
If you sell enough items, the loss of writing off one small purchase is usually less than the cost of processing the returned item and returning it to inventory for resale.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPDATE- seller stopped communication when I told them it would be $17.90 postage to return the item and that I needed to have assurance they were going to take care of it. After a bit of looking, I found the chat CS feature which is kind of hidden and then you have to fight your way through the automated response features until they finally let you speak with a CS person. She was ok but very routine, like this happens every 5 minutes. Anyway I am suppose to be on the way to a solution. I was looking for the correct item I wanted to order and found one, but they want $15 shipping- I think I will just go to the local GM dealer and see my buddy who is the parts manager. And go ahead and hold the fried lice- no telling what all is in it anyway.

Last edited:

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The item was only $25. That's less than a dinner for 2 at a cheap restaurant.

Are you doing this for the fun and/or the challenge?
...If not, how much is your time/hassle/frustration worth?

To clarify, I think you're doing it for the fun factor. If so, carry on and good luck.
Thanks for the entertaining thread!

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't look at this thread without thinking of this Weird Al song. Hey, I managed to resist for 3 pages. I ❤️ Weird Al, Don't Judge Me!!

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The item was only $25. That's less than a dinner for 2 at a cheap restaurant.

Are you doing this for the fun and/or the challenge?
...If not, how much is your time/hassle/frustration worth?

To clarify, I think you're doing it for the fun factor. If so, carry on and good luck.
Thanks for the entertaining thread!
Do you know how many $25 items I have setting around because it was not quite right for what I was thinking. Or the $125 kick plate I ordered for my Scorpion only to make a trade with it on something I wanted more- now I still have that kick plate no one wants since the Gestapo is looming on a way to jack you up. I just have a policy if it's not right- I send back, no matter the price. But it is kinda fun jacking with the Chicoms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom