EDC knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on what I'm wearing.... a Para 2 or ZT Sinkevich. Thinking about a Chris Reeve though.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few of Scott Sawby's Combat folders. They are great knives. Most people probably wouldn't carry them because of the price, but it is a great EDC knife. I've been carrying a Protech Strider auto for a while. It's a bit thick for my personal preference on an EDC, but its a workhorse.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My EDC is a Boker 3300, 67 layer Damascus with cocobolo panels.
It has some good steel in it. Came razor sharp a year ago, and it's only needed touched up once. Gets regular use.
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160425_f8d36ad608651b3d96f7ada9255181d9.jpg

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been carrying a Benchmade 940 for several years now. This may be my favorite EDC knife ever. What's your favorite?
(stock pic of the model I carry)

A look at amazon for this knife and I'm sold. All the reviews were very good. BUT I have sticker shock. I just can't justify $180 for a EDC knife. Maybe I'll change my mind with further research.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bought mine in '02 or so, and carried and used it daily for about ten years. not a lot of 18$ folders that'll last a year, maintain the edge and lockup that one did, and have a decent resale value after a year.

the knife paid for itself pretty quickly, far as i can tell. don't even miss that chunk of pay.

still use it occasionally, when i need something a little more discreet than a fixed blade.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went thru a sobriety checkpoint not too long ago and got flagged so I pulled up. I dont drink so I didnt think I had anything to worry about. Gave em my info stuff along with CCL. The lady asked me if I was carrying now and I said no and I pointed to it in the passenger seat then she asked if I had any other weapons on me or in my vehicle and I said yes. I told her that I had a small folding knife in my left pocket (its super thin and attachs to the magnet of my money clip) and another folding knife in my right pocket, a tactical knife I had put in a cupholder, my pistol w/ IWB holster was in seat next to me, and my BUG was in my trucks hide 'spot'. She didnt ask to see any of it so I must of seemed legit. The lady actually giggled and so did the other officer who had come up on my right side, and then she asked me why did I have so many weapons on me. I said that I didnt think that was an excessive amount, that that was normal for me when I leave the house, that I had been out to my brothers house out in the country earlier and we were shooting. All my stuff checked out and I was off down the road. I thought about that for a little bit and it sounded so stupid to be answering those questions but I guess thats their job.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A look at amazon for this knife and I'm sold. All the reviews were very good. BUT I have sticker shock. I just can't justify $180 for a EDC knife. Maybe I'll change my mind with further research.
I know it's expensive...it is for me also. I saved up for a long time for one. Even after carrying it for a long time, I'm still amazed at how light, balanced, functional, and perfectly-sized it is. It's worth it. If there was something I liked better for less money, I'd buy it; but I haven't found it yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom