EDC - Streamlight Microstream USB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retired1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got one in the coyote finish. I've been playing with it in the dark for a few hours and like it. It is similar in size to a 100mm cigarette (see the photo). It charges using a USB port. It comes with a 5" USB cable that plugs into a port that is exposed when the cap is slid forward. It has two power modes; a 250 Lumen and a 50 Lumen. I like the low power for walking around in a dark room. The bright beam works well for me when I walk outside in the dark illuminating where I'll be walking. It fits unobtrusively in my pocket along with other EDC pocket stuff. Price seems to be about $30 from most suppliers.

DSCF3954.JPG
DSCF3957.JPG

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked one of those up a couple of months ago and love it! It's a tiny lil critter, but sure throws out a good light. I've used it countless times since I've had it and have even thought about ordering a couple more.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered one of those and have been carrying it quite a bit when I’m wearing jeans and don’t have a bunch of pocket space. Awesome little light. I’ve had the older AAA version in my range bag for quite a while too.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two of the original Microstreams that run on a single AAA batt. Maybe Santy Claus will bring me a USB model for Christmas! :w000t:
Used to carry that one around the hospital when I was on patient care nights. Came in seriously handy a variety of times, especially when the power went off in an interior OR just as we were getting ready to intubate this kid. It went dark, I whipped out my streamlight and lit up the kids head, and the doc got back to work. Longest 10 seconds of my life until the generator kicked on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom