Edmond Academy has lots of ammo even 5.56 cans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CFB15921-6A87-4A98-8D5C-FD9A88857DAA.jpeg
Edmond Academy has lots of ammo even 5.56 cans 6:45 PM Today

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ammo supply looks to be recovering. Let’s hope this is a sign of normalcy returning.
Prices for ammo I don't reload for are going to have to come way down in price before I'll buy any.
If it does get down to pre panic pricing, I'll start stacking even deeper.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prices for ammo I don't reload for are going to have to come way down in price before I'll buy any.

I agree. Fortunately, I reload for everything I shoot. My biggest concern, however, is for primers. I’m good for everything but shotgun primers - at less than 10K I’m getting nervous.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. Fortunately, I reload for everything I shoot. My biggest concern, however, is for primers. I’m good for everything but shotgun primers - at less than 10K I’m getting nervous.
The only thing I don't reload for is the inherited 30-30 because of the die shortage in centerfire, but that is all. The rest of the must buy is .17HMR, .22 mag and .22 rimfire.
Have a nice stash of each of the rimfires, but a multi state prairie dog shoot may be in my future. No need to shoot centerfire I'm told. If they get spooky, move a hundred yards or so and start on a fresh group.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing I don't reload for is the inherited 30-30 because of the die shortage in centerfire, but that is all. The rest of the must buy is .17HMR, .22 mag and .22 rimfire.
Have a nice stash of each of the rimfires, but a multi state prairie dog shoot may be in my future. No need to shoot centerfire I'm told. If they get spooky, move a hundred yards or so and start on a fresh group.

Yep - the rim fire stuff would be a concern for me. I’m in good shape for 22 LR for the guns I own, but I have a CZ 455 that I wanted to buy the 17 HMR and 22 Mag barrels for. Finding ammo to feed those barrels would be a problem at this point in time.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve taken a different approach and gotten rid of guns in calibers I don’t load for, but I will be doubling down on reloading supplies when thing “normalize”.:anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve taken a different approach and gotten rid of guns in calibers I don’t load for, but I will be doubling down on reloading supplies when thing “normalize”.:anyone:
I'm good on reloading supplies, but will stack even deeper as well when it comes around.
There WILL BE another spike. What will cause that we don't know yet, but one can bet the farm it's going to happen.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check eBay for 30-30 dies. I recently bought a set of Redding 300 Win Mag dies and a Lee 300 WM crimp die there that I couldn’t find anywhere else online, and the prices weren’t any higher than what Midway showed them for.:anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check eBay for 30-30 dies. I recently bought a set of Redding 300 Win Mag dies and a Lee 300 WM crimp die there that I couldn’t find anywhere else online, and the prices weren’t any higher than what Midway showed them for.:anyone:
I'll look. I've been on the backorder list with several like Midway, Natchez and a couple of others that I've forgotten about to email me when they get back in stock. Natchez sent me a notification for some standard RCBS dies at $60 or so dollars plus shipping and handling. Screw them. I'll probably shoot that rifle a couple dozen times and it will be come a safe queen more than likely. It will have to kill a deer first though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom