Edmond man barricades himself in home after pistol whipping ex-girlfriend

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
giphy.gif

You have a lot more remorse for violent offenders, and those who take advantage of women, children, or other weaker (than themselves) targets. You also have a lot more faith in our very fine liberal lawmakers who would love to see this "man" free because he "got his heart broken".
Apparently unlike you, I have faith that we are in a society. And in a society, we do NOT murder people and generally do not advocate for murder and extra-judicial killing.

Just because you, or those like you, don't like something does not give you/them the right or justification to "take the law into your own hands". A core concept in this country is that if you don't like the law, you can work to change it. So perhaps you should see what happens in this case, and should you not see what you think is fair then you could become an advocate for changing the laws, or run for office yourself. If enough people agree with you the law will change or you'll get voted into take the place of "our very fine liberal lawmakers".

In the meantime, you want to know a big reason WHY the second amendment is under attack? Because the 2A community that claims to believe in law and order is also in places like right here on the PUBLIC forum appearing to wish for murder. Imagine people outside looking in and seeing armed people wishing for resolution such as you suggest. No wonder why folks would advocate to disarm us.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently unlike you, I have faith that we are in a society. And in a society, we do NOT murder people and generally do not advocate for murder and extra-judicial killing.

Just because you, or those like you, don't like something does not give you/them the right or justification to "take the law into your own hands". A core concept in this country is that if you don't like the law, you can work to change it. So perhaps you should see what happens in this case, and should you not see what you think is fair then you could become an advocate for changing the laws, or run for office yourself. If enough people agree with you the law will change or you'll get voted into take the place of "our very fine liberal lawmakers".

In the meantime, you want to know a big reason WHY the second amendment is under attack? Because the 2A community that claims to believe in law and order is also in places like right here on the PUBLIC forum appearing to wish for murder. Imagine people outside looking in and seeing armed people wishing for resolution such as you suggest. No wonder why folks would advocate to disarm us.
If you could point out who is wishing for murder in this thread? But please do continue to have faith in todays society, and support violent people because the law "says you should". I have not put words in your mouth, I would appreciate it if you reciprocated. Like you say, "in a society, we do NOT murder". Do you think this "man" we over there for hugs and kisses with a weapon? He went to HARM this women at 4 A.M., he is not part of a society.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you could point out who is wishing for murder in this thread? But please do continue to have faith in todays society, and support violent people because the law "says you should". I have not put words in your mouth, I would appreciate it if you reciprocated. Like you say, "in a society, we do NOT murder". Do you think this "man" we over there for hugs and kisses with a weapon? He went to HARM this women at 4 A.M., he is not part of a society.
Until you go and further explain your use of the word "drop" (as was requested several posts ago you may note) then I am squarely putting that on you. I hear someone wanting to the police to "drop" someone and it suuuuuuuure sounds like they want him shot and dropped dead.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Until you go and further explain your use of the word "drop" (as was requested several posts ago you may note) then I am squarely putting that on you. I hear someone wanting to the police to "drop" someone and it suuuuuuuure sounds like they want him shot and dropped dead.
Well, I will squarely put that back on you for assuming and again, putting something on me that I did not expressly say. But sure...

Drop: to incapacitate the threat to society.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I will squarely put that back on you for assuming and again, putting something on me that I did not expressly say. But sure...

Drop: to incapacitate the threat to society.
Oh good, now we're making progress. And now, tell me how you feel that man as a threat should be incapacitated?

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, this hole thread is full of situational. Tell me your ideal. What do you define as the best way they can "drop" him?
How could anyone who is not in boots on the ground determine that? You are expecting to funnel me in to the answer you wish would come out of my mouth.

I don't want to assume what you want to happen to this person. So how about you tell us, what is your ideal outcome for this world class citizen?

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How could anyone who is not in boots on the ground determine that? You are expecting to funnel me in to the answer you wish would come out of my mouth.

I don't want to assume what you want to happen to this person. So how about you tell us, what is your ideal outcome for this world class citizen?
He is caught by police, arrested, held for trial (preferably without bail should the circumstances be appropriate) and punished to the fullest extent of the law. That's easy and shouldn't depend on "boots on the ground" in the least for that to be an ideal.

Top Bottom