Edmond Utilities

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody have a reference for how much a utility bill should be in Edmond? Keeping our 3 bedroom house at 70 and our electric bill is $470 for the past 2 months. Our house in Blanchard was half of that and 4 bedrooms.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a couple posts on the "ALL THINGS EDMOND" fb group of people having insane bills recently from edmond utilities. I have a 4bd house but OGE for electric and usually running two units our electric is around $150.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, it's jumped. We raised our thermostat to 77 trying to compensate some. Big increases in the rates across the board including water & wastewater. I'm currently trying to find a new normal on ours. We had an unknown water leak for a couple months this summer and it really screwed up my bill.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a cursory and quick look, it seems to appear that edmond electric rates are reasonable. LINK

Do you have Edmond electric, or OG&E? If you have OG&E you can go to their website and sign up for a weekly email of how much you use each day and an estimate of your monthly bill. I "think" maybe you can see hourly usage.

Another LINK

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a cursory and quick look, it seems to appear that edmond electric rates are reasonable. LINK

Do you have Edmond electric, or OG&E? If you have OG&E you can go to their website and sign up for a weekly email of how much you use each day and an estimate of your monthly bill. I "think" maybe you can see hourly usage.

Another LINK
It's through the city of Edmond. Supposedly, their website says they are not-for-profit electric providers so you'd think they would keep costs lower than the for profit competitors. I'd change to OG&E in a heartbeat. Edmond Utilities and the customer service is a joke.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's through the city of Edmond. Supposedly, their website says they are not-for-profit electric providers so you'd think they would keep costs lower than the for profit competitors. I'd change to OG&E in a heartbeat. Edmond Utilities and the customer service is a joke.
They close at 11am on Friday. Eleven. In. The. Morning.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. Ive never had an issue. 2500sq ft home, keep it quite cool, 72-74 and our bill was never over $300

We do have a newer (2007) house and a new hvac unit.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. Ive never had an issue. 2500sq ft home, keep it quite cool, 72-74 and our bill was never over $300

We do have a newer (2007) house and a new hvac unit.
Not sure when our house was built, we are renting the place. They said that the hvac unit is somewhat new but who knows.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever tried changing the air filter ?
Make a big difference.
Renter just move out of a house, said electric was too high.
Asked him how often he changed the filter? He said regularly. Ha Ha!
Went to clean the place yesterday and one inch filter was over three inches thick from dust and lint and was whistling when running.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever tried changing the air filter ?
Make a big difference.
Renter just move out of a house, said electric was too high.
Asked him how often he changed the filter? He said regularly. Ha Ha!
Went to clean the place yesterday and one inch filter was over three inches thick from dust and lint and was whistling when running.
I changed them after the first electric bill when I realized I wouldn't have any money left for guns if this kept up. I only changed the set of 3 that are actually in the unit itself. Are there usually other filters elsewhere?

Latest posts

Top Bottom