Educate an Android guy about Apple Watches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really enjoy my apple watch. It pairs well will my iPhone. If you do not have an iPhone for her to pair it with, you will lose allot of features. (Unless you buy the Apple Watch with Cellular)
After my open heart surgery my Doctor suggested it. I have never looked back.

Good luck.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I really enjoy my apple watch. It pairs well will my iPhone. If you do not have an iPhone for her to pair it with, you will lose allot of features. (Unless you buy the Apple Watch with Cellular)
After my open heart surgery my Doctor suggested it. I have never looked back.

Good luck.
Thanks, she has a iphone 14

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had one, I prefer regular old dumb watches, and dislike getting all the notifications on my wrist. Had a nice Suunto with weather and gps, loved the idea, but the charging/getting notifications on my wrist was really annoying to me. Only kept it two weeks before returning it. But, I did buy one for one of my exes several years back, and she absolutely loved it. Many people I know who have them love them. You can track health stats, heart rate, read/send text messages, screen phone calls without pulling out your phone, etc. You can even get the cellular version and use it to make and receive calls/texts without having your phone nearby. Handy if she forgets her phone, or like to go to the gym/walk/etc and doesn't want to have her phone with her. I say if you decide to get her one, I would buy a few different bands and a bedside charging stand for it, then its convenient to charge/easy to find, and she can "accessorize" to match her outfit/other jewelry.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have never had one, I prefer regular old dumb watches, and dislike getting all the notifications on my wrist. Had a nice Suunto with weather and gps, loved the idea, but the charging/getting notifications on my wrist was really annoying to me. Only kept it two weeks before returning it. But, I did buy one for one of my exes several years back, and she absolutely loved it. Many people I know who have them love them. You can track health stats, heart rate, read/send text messages, screen phone calls without pulling out your phone, etc. You can even get the cellular version and use it to make and receive calls/texts without having your phone nearby. Handy if she forgets her phone, or like to go to the gym/walk/etc and doesn't want to have her phone with her. I say if you decide to get her one, I would buy a few different bands and a bedside charging stand for it, then its convenient to charge/easy to find, and she can "accessorize" to match her outfit/other jewelry.
She just absolutely doesn't look at her phone at work, not that she can't, but doesn't remember to. So really it's more for me and everyone who is trying to contact her more than it is for her lol.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She just absolutely doesn't look at her phone at work, not that she can't, but doesn't remember to. So really it's more for me and everyone who is trying to contact her more than it is for her lol.
Personally I've had Garmin watches and have been hooked into their products for a while. At the same time there's been some Apple watches in our house. The Apple was not what I would call "durable" and also did not seen to have the same feature set at the Garmin's. Depending how much you want to spend the Vivoactive 4s or 3 is a great all around watch, and at the upper echelon the Epix and Fenix series are tops.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We pay to have them to track us down to the square inch.
get a protective cover for it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’ve had one since the first one and really like it. Easy to read and respond to texts or see who is calling among lots of other functions.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We pay to have them to track us down to the square inch.
get a protective cover for it.
Ditto on the cover. Wife and I have had protective covers on both of ours since day one and it really protects them.

Smiling 2 Pack Case Built in Tempered Glass Screen Protector Compatible with Apple Watch SE 2022 /Series 6 SE 5 4 44mm, Hard PC Case with Screen protector for iwatch, Overall Protective Cover-Black https://a.co/d/0OLPv9c

Latest posts

Top Bottom