Educate me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I already have a XDM 4.5 9mm and a shockwave 12 now I am looking for a long range (about 500 yards) bolt action repeater. I want to have around a 1 to 1.5 MOA accuracy.
Boy do I have a deal for you. Custom built 308 based on a Remington 700 receiver. Priced to sell too! Oh welcome too!!!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
6.5 Creedmoor has become very popular and for good reason. Lots of commercial offerings now in rifle and in ammunition, could look at the Ruger RPR for an off the shelf offering that will definitely do what you are wanting it to do.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA! I’ll echo some of what others have said, DONT SKIMP ON YOUR GLASS! When you’re talking 1-1.5” at 500yds, you gotta be able to see the difference in your point of aim. LOOK through the optics outside the store before you buy it. Two scope brands may put the same magnification numbers on their scopes but there can definitely be a huge difference. Yeah the firearm does makes the bang noise and helps launch the boolit but don’t blow your budget there and then piss away your money on some cheap glass. There’s several calibers that can do what you want. I will say that there are tons of good 6.5cm platforms out there since it gained so much popularity. Another thing to consider is good ammo and availability. Will you be reloading? If your answer is no, then I think 6.5 creedmoor would again be a good idea since it has so much support from ammo manufacturers. That’s my opinion based on the info you’ve given and the little I know.

BadKarma

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6.5 Creedmoor, 260 Remington, 308, anything in that range will take you well past 500.
Creedmoor is easier to find if you don't roll your own. 308 is available everywhere. Spend
your money on a good scope. Vortex, Leupold and others I'm surely leaving out make good
glass. Buy once cry once is certainly true in the scope world, IMHO.
Learn to control your breathing and how to press the trigger and you will do well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom