Egg shortage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got 5 dozen organic brown "cage free" eggs from the store for free. They got pushed up against the back wall of the cooler, froze solid and cracked. They will get thawed out, then scrambled and freeze-dried, and finally bagged up. They aren't quite as good as what I get from my hens but no one will be able to tell the difference, especially if I cook with them and the price was in line with what I prefer to pay. 😁 IIRC these eggs are running close to $7/dozen so I have $35 more of eggs in my pantry than I had a little bit ago.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Out here in the country, organic cage free means nothing to people that have raised their own chickens for generations. $7 a dozen means dumb people paying for feel good eggs. It's hard to get $3 a dozen here for farm fresh eggs for regular country folk.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Out here in the country, organic cage free means nothing to people that have raised their own chickens for generations. $7 a dozen means dumb people paying for feel good eggs. It's hard to get $3 a dozen here for farm fresh eggs for regular country folk.
Just need the right sign.

Butt nuggets.jpg

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother is a veterinarian and works for the USDA doing disease control. He said he killed over 10,000 chickens in commercial houses as well as backyard birds, the last few months. They are tested for avian flu as well as other things I think, and if positive, they are euthanized and properly disposed of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom