Egg shortage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still seeing additional buildings go up at established locations.
The key is established. If you know what you are doing, and develops a loyal following of your brand, industry awards, distribution, etc, you might make money. If you are trying to break in and make a bunch of money growing weed, you might lose everything, or end up selling to processor for pennies on the dollar.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back or still in the news. Commercial birds are all vaccinated unlike backyard hatched birds.
The avian flu is hammering U.S. poultry farmers, leaving experts to ask: What has changed?
https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/avian-bird-flu-egg-prices-rcna66273
" What has changed? "

The article indicates that a possible reason for Avian Flu is that it spreads through bird migration, but how many types of birds migrate across the ocean that would interact with, and infect, our chicken/turkey/duck flocks?

So far I haven't heard much about Avian Flu infecting other bird species like pigeon, dove, pheasant, sparrow, crow, goose, or any other except chicken/turkey/duck (the ones we most rely on for meat or eggs), which makes me a little suspicious about this whole thing.

I'm wondering now if poultry vaccines are being imported from China, especially being that they always seem to be having 'bird' problems of their own? 🤔
It would be an interesting SCAM if defective poultry vaccines to prevent things like 'bird flu' were being imported from China, then after our poultry become infected, they then import vaccines to 'cure' the disease (that they caused in the first place). It certainly would be a money making scheme for those behind it - paid to infect - paid to cure 😦

Last edited:

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Raising chickens may be hazardous to your health. - CNN

1674696271826105.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom