Egg shortage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where do you get your chicken feed? (Not being snarky, just gathering info.)

FWIW, there’s a house on 120th in SE Norman, or maybe Slaughterville, that has had a sign up for a long time advertising $3/dozen “farm fresh eggs.”
Shawnee feed & seed on Hardesty, I can buy the same feed in Prague but cost is more due to transportation, I see a price increase every week-10 days.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
large eggs yesterday at Wally World $4.11. Ridiculous, they were $2.12 a dozen just a few weeks ago and that was too much. Not paying it, That cuts into me Ammo stash money. :7)
Lucky my neighbor sells them for 2 dollars a dozen and Waaay better orange stand up tall yolk brown eggs too. No comparison really to those cold stored runny, pale yellow yolk eggs from starved chickens.
lots of people don't remember exponential math versus linear equations.

prices won't just "go up"; they will double. it doesn't matter how cheap or expensive something was, it's going to double.
and then they will double again

it's not going to be a gradual thing. just another thing i hope we're all "wrong" about but.....well our batting average is pretty good i'd say.

quick reminder covid is worse than ever. remember when you were threatened with a winter of death and darkness, unable to buy food, all because you refused the Mark? get ready; it hasn't gone away.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sprouts Grocery (I like them a lot) has their store brand cage free eggs, one dozen @ $2.79 and their 18-count @ $3.99

That's not too bad in todays market.

I need to get over to Costco for a few things and I'll check egg prices while I'm there.
Was in Wally today. Their "cage free, organic, brown eggs" were $2.48 a doz.
Everything else was $3 or more.
Picked up 6 dozen.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prepare for more of this, more than a dozen food processing plants of different types have been taken out by airplane crashes (2), fires and explosions. The response has been "Nothing to see here, be on your way."
Planes taking out food processing plants? Nothing to see? Sounds like some terrorist BS to me. I haven’t turned on the news in a while I guess I’m gonna have to research the stuff. My sister told me last weekend about the bird flu and all the chickens being put down and that was the first I heard of it. I guess I need to crawl out from under my rock

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a crying shame when a jack off municipality thinks a person (especially a adult) needs thier permission (a permit) to have some chickens!

😡😡😡😡
It's because some jackwagon will have 50 chickens with a dozen roosters that will start crowing right when a night shift worker is trying to get some sleep 100' away from their bedroom in a residential neighborhood.
There is a point in time when the right to a nights sleep after a tough 12 hour shift deserves some quiet time vs a desire for some chickens.
We grew up just like that with my dad being the shift worker.
The roosters slowly passed away from unknown causes along with all the new ones that came along for additional unknown reasons.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom