Egg shortage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Government bureaucrats killing chickens......
This usually starts with backyard birds and they try to get it under control before it can spread to the commercial houses. I went around last year also, thats ehy egg prices went to $5 last summer. It has repeatedly started in CA and most years I've heard him talk about it, they get it under control before it moves to other states. Last year it went county wide and I havent heard him say how far its spread this year.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's been millions of chickens killed across the USA this year all in the name of avian flu. Or at least that is what was the reason. Did anyone actually record it? Hopefully their tests are more accurate than the covid tests. But I wouldn't count on it. Considering how inept the government is on everything, I wouldn't count on it to prevent anything.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out here in the country, organic cage free means nothing to people that have raised their own chickens for generations. $7 a dozen means dumb people paying for feel good eggs. It's hard to get $3 a dozen here for farm fresh eggs for regular country folk.
I too think it’s ridiculous, and I live in the city. I can get organic free range brown eggs of decent quality from the natural grocers 1/4 mile from my house. Costs me a whole $1.99.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The avian flu is legit and if not controlled through extinction of the infected, would really hurt you hard.
Put those conspiracy theories aside.
Same with CWD in deer and elk, I dont here any conspiracy theory's about that but many are tested and killed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The avian flu is legit and if not controlled through extinction of the infected, would really hurt you hard.
Put those conspiracy theories aside.
Same with CWD in deer and elk, I dont here any conspiracy theory's about that but many are tested and killed.
CWD is not transferable to humans though. It's a disease of the deer.
If you accidentally consume a piece of infected meat, don’t worry too much. Americans consume between 7,000 to 15,000 infected deer per year, and so far no one has developed chronic wasting disease.
https://www.foxnews.com/health/chronic-wasting-disease-deer-dangerous-humans

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom