El Cheapo Home Defense Handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guy on Demolition Ranch would weld them all together and load 'em with 3" 00 buck, duck tape them to a tree and blow the hell out of Creepy Cooter!!!

My buddy bought two. Has already traded them, but they shot every time.
I'm not a pump gun fan for HD though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't think you can do that. I was in BP awhile back with a buddy that was buying a rifle. I chase air mile points with my credit card and said I would pay for it, but he had to sign the 4473. Counter guy said it was a no-go. Whoever had the money had to fill out the 4473.
My son had bought a Fathers Day gift of a gun for me while we were at Big Boys. He paid for it and I filled out the 4473. The guy there said that instead of my son paying for the weapon directly, he could buy a 'gift card' in my name and use that for payment.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update:

I went to the pawn shop with him and his wife like someone suggested and just gave him the cash and he filled out the 4473. He likes the Hipoint even though it's a brick to hold but his wife can barely reach the trigger, so it's not perfect. He's a giant of a guy so it fits his hand just fine, but the wife is really small.

Worked out fine i guess. Supposed to go shooting Friday, and I think I'm gonna pick up this Spanish Mauser the owner (always forget his name) at Best Pawn by the Golden Dragon Chinese diner. He doesn't have any ammo for it last I was there though. We'll see

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have any problems with the Hi-point, here's a link to the forums:

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/

And there's always Youtube videos.

Or PM me. As mentioned, I have two C9s, and 99% of the problems are related to the mag feed lips.

Luck to your friend. And kudos to you for helping him out. :drunk2:

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have any problems with the Hi-point, here's a link to the forums:

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/

And there's always Youtube videos.

Or PM me. As mentioned, I have two C9s, and 99% of the problems are related to the mag feed lips.

Luck to your friend. And kudos to you for helping him out. :drunk2:

I think they have a transferable lifetime warranty on their pistols. Another friend from work was telling me their main problems had something to do with the springs but he never owned one, so...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update:

I went to the pawn shop with him and his wife like someone suggested and just gave him the cash and he filled out the 4473. He likes the Hipoint even though it's a brick to hold but his wife can barely reach the trigger, so it's not perfect. He's a giant of a guy so it fits his hand just fine, but the wife is really small.

Worked out fine i guess. Supposed to go shooting Friday, and I think I'm gonna pick up this Spanish Mauser the owner (always forget his name) at Best Pawn by the Golden Dragon Chinese diner. He doesn't have any ammo for it last I was there though. We'll see

Well if you got him to get the .45 the upside is that if all else fails he can bludgeon them into compliance with it. By BIL has one for a truck gun and it weighs a ton!

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I +1 the Hipoint suggestion.

12 Ga in my opinion is still king of the home-defense roost. You can get a home defense 12Ga pretty cheap and the ammo ain't bad.

Avoid those taurus revolvers. I know someone here suggested that, and no disrespect, but my experience with them personally was poor and i can't recommend it myself. YMMV.

~$135 Hi-point

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...ucts_id/48302/Hi-Point+916+C-9+8+1+9mm++P+3.5

not too shabby

Latest posts

Top Bottom