Electric Harleys...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm watching CNBC and they have the CEO talking about the HD spinoff Livewire, that makes their EV bikes.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/products/bikes/electric-bikes.html
Now I'm sure people will lose their minds but I think this would be a fun ride.....BUT it seems like an accident waiting to happen. One thing I've noticed about Teslas is that the drivers seem to mostly drive like douchebags. If these are the same it seems like there's gonna be some wrecks because you definitely won't hear these things like real HDs.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think an electric bike would be super fun for a minute. The acceleration can be crazy on them. But, I think that fun would go away pretty quick.

While I don't know if I go for loud pipes are safer, I'm sort of inclined to believe that silence would have to be more dangerous.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ecycles intrigue me and would like to have one to sport about on. They haven't yet made them in big comfortable road curisers which is what I ride. IMHO I think it is sacrilege to put the HD name on it. If someone gave me one, I would pull the badging off and have a ball. For anyone seriously interested in one, there is a series on Apple+ about Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman traveling from the southern tip of South America to Mexico on them.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.

Harley’s Electric-Motorcycle Spinoff Raises Less Than Planned in SPAC Debut​

(Bloomberg) -- LiveWire Group Inc., the electric motorcycle division spun off by Harley-Davidson Inc., raised less than planned and was valued below expectations in a lackluster trading debut.
The company, which went public through a combination with a blank-check firm, brought in $295 million in net proceeds through the listing, a spokesperson said Tuesday. That’s far short of the $545 million anticipated when the deal was announced in December.

After an initial surge, the shares fell 7.1% at 2:27 p.m. in New York, valuing the company at about $2 billion. LiveWire originally expected an equity value of $2.3 billion at close.

The loss-making EV business merged with AEA-Bridges Impact Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, to help fund its business plan until it breaks even in 2026. But in the nine months since the deal was announced, investors have shied away from blank-check transactions and the broader market has declined amid runaway inflation and rising interest rates.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ada PD had a electric motorcycle in their fleet some years back. I only saw it around for 2 summers, but that thing would fly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom