Electric Harleys...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bike introed at ~$30,000. I just checked HD website and (the bike they initially marketed) is down to $23,000.

Since then, they've introduced the Delmar at $17,000. But the specs say the range is only 110 miles. HD's charging stations were, initially, proprietary and HD's electric bikes could only be charged at an HD station. A lot of HD dealerships couldn't afford the $100K or so outlay for a charging machine.

That means that HD EVs are out of the question for riders who aren't near an HD charging machine. And even if their city had an HD charging machine, the rider would always have to stay near to that particular charger.

But, and this is a biggie, a "quick" charge is over an hour. The level 2 charge is 75 minutes. Would you want to spend an hour gassing up your bike? I ride a Triumph ICE and I'd quit riding if it came to that. No way I'd lay out that coin for a bike with severely limited range, relatively high price tag, not many places to "refuel" and that long a wait to recharge.

HD has a habit of simply discontinuing bikes that don't perform well ... on the balance sheet. They suddenly dropped their entire Buell line. Then they dropped their entire Dyna line. And they're going to dump the EV bikes, too. It's all about the bottom line.
Do they come with an electronic ‘Harley’ noise sound system that blasts out of their faux exhaust pipes?

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1664847421501.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom