Electric lawn mower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A while back we were given a nice electric lawn mower. We like it but to tell the truth it was a little hard to push. Turns out the wheels all have plastic bearings. I looked to see if I still had any wheelchair bearings that would fit, I do not. Then I priced the bearings, $10 each bearing. That is not happening so I looked at new wheels. Much better. $10 for the complete wheel with real bearings for the front, a little higher for the larger rear wheels. I have replaced both front wheels and it made a noticeable difference. I will replace the rear over the winter one at a time so it does not cost so much at once. Now all I need to do is find a grass catcher for the little bugger.

Here are the front wheels I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/7-Inch-Unive...66-939d-d82b18e0c355&pd_rd_i=B000VO6TC8&psc=1

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny, you reminded me of an electric lawn mower I had back in the early 80's.

It was a riding mower, not a push.

It was a Sears brand, Craftsman, and it looked like any other riding lawn mower at the time.

Lift the hood and it had 3 big 6 volt golf cart type batteries. Flip the switch and it would WHHIIIRRRRR to live as the motor energized and off I went. It was extremely quiet. It would mow the small front yard and big back yard and just barely get back in the garage and get plugged back in again. Oh yeah, it also had the typical golf cart battery charger.

I thougth it was an amazing idea, Sears stopped making them, I think they should make a come back.

Come to think of it, I don't recall it having a cup holder, so that's that, and would need to be in the future model.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 40v Skil. I really like it. It cuts VERY well but doesnt mulch for **** and it has a mulching blade on it

The batteries are FAWKING EXPENSIVE as well. It takes two of the 4-5ah batteries to mow my yard without having to recharge. Just swap the batt. Its $150 for one battery.

Another great thing about it is it has one lever height adjust and im not sure about the top hcutting height but its pretty high

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My youngest son has gone to all cordless yard tools and loves them. His are the Ego brand.

The only thing I have is a cordless Bauer pole saw from Harbor Freight, and I love it. Since I already had the batteries, I ended up buying a Bauer drill too.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My youngest son has gone to all cordless yard tools and loves them. His are the Ego brand.

The only thing I have is a cordless Bauer pole saw from Harbor Freight, and I love it. Since I already had the batteries, I ended up buying a Bauer drill too.

I have a Milwaukee string trimmer and edger. It’s the bees knees.

Still using a gas toro push mower though.. tempted to get the Milwaukee battery mower.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently moved from back home after a job in Chickasha for 10 months. The gent across the street had a cordless green one. It looked like it mowed good, never seen him have to stop and recharge. He detested my Honda self propelled Gas Mower. He told my neighbor I also drove a Diesel Truck. He never spoke to me. I was impressed with the electric mower, quiet! Mine was louder!

Latest posts

Top Bottom