Electric lawn mowers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of dealing with poorly built and designed lawn mowers. I have less than a quarter acre lot, and my current husqvarna mower has lasted me 5 years, with regular yearly maintenance and top quality fuel. Also, 2.5 of those years I traveled for work and paid someone else to mow my yard, so my mower really only has 2.5 years of use on it. But its worn out. already. it was actually worn out by the start of last summer, but I've been trying to make it last. I don't need to spend big bucks on a commercial model honda right now, I just need something that will work for the next 2-3 years of living in small yards before the old lady and I hopefully buy some land.

With all that being said, does anyone have an electric lawn mower? How do you like it? Suggested brands? I would prefer to shop at Lowes or Home Depot for this sadly, as I get a nice discount there.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
If you have lithium Dewalt tools, they have a new mower out that is at Home Depot. There’s 2 models but the higher priced one (500) comes with two 10mah batteries. Just think how long a circular or sawzall would run on those suckers.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have lithium Dewalt tools, they have a new mower out that is at Home Depot. There’s 2 models but the higher priced one (500) comes with two 10mah batteries. Just think how long a circular or sawzall would run on those suckers.
Dang I got away from dewault a few years back and I'm now an all milwaukee guy.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been a few decades but at one time I had a Black and Decker side discharge corded mower. At the time I had a yard that was a little smaller than average. The mower was light, quiet, fumes free and I could move the handle to inline with the deck and hang it on the wall in the garage. It was great. Sold it when I moved to a happy neighbor. Don't think I would use a corded on a large or irregularly shaped yard.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a corded electric mower years ago. It did the job, but I got tired of fighting the extension cord. As far as a battery powered mower, I have no idea. I am curious about the battery life and the power it would produce.

I have a Black and Decker weed eater and I’ve replaced the batteries twice in three years.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the moderern batteries and a small yard I think they would be fine. Everything I have beside my riding mower is battery powed. I have an at least one acre yard. So I have a gas push mower for where I can't get my riding mower.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You get what you pay for.

Buy a decent mower that is built well and it will last a very long time.

Electric mowers are for mowing a single strip of grass in between 2 drive ways in a metropolis. Anything more than that is gonna be a stretch. Big diff in commercial mowers versus well built sturdy homeowner models. I know guys that have bought commercial mowers to mow their lawns. Seems like a waste to me. Buy a homeowner model and use it all day every day in commercial use, and it won't last very long.

If you buy a mower on the cheap, you can expect to be replacing it pretty often, which will wind up costing you more over the long haul.

You might check a few pawn shops for used Honda. They go forever, as long as you maintain them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom