Electric Trailer Dollie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody build or have one?

I am thinking I need something like this if it will work.

I have a breezeway between my house and shop and due to the covenants I had the garage door put on the backside of the shop. I have a boat I would like to store in the shop. It would be convenient if I could walk it instead of using the tractor or atv.

The issue I foresee is the driveway is on a slope and I’m not sure if something like this would have enough traction to pull the trailer up the grade.

Anybody have experience with one of these or similar?

15A1D6EF-1312-440A-8879-D3267E81DD61.jpeg

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would think with the tongue weight directly on the drive axle it should have traction. Will it be pulling weight up the hill and then controlling the weight down a hill or will it be working on a horizontal slope? Does it have brakes?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good questions. I will have to drive it down the slope first, then back up into the shop.

I have seen folks making their own on YouTube. They use atv winches as the motor by attacking a sprocket to the drum. Those atv winches do have an internal drum brake. However I don’t know if then factory built dollies have a brake. I would say that is a mandatory item for my needs.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I didn’t know this was something that was available. It would need some mods, but it’s doable. Is the price on par with the others you’ve seen?

There's a few different kinds, some battery powered. Sometimes you can find 'em listed quite a bit cheaper than this one.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could also build an unpowered 'cart' with a ball and rig an attachment to a rear tine tiller to use as the pusher/puller. Can usually find rear tine tillers for around $250 if you don't already have one.

Just an idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom