Electrical Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GFCI is working
Some are overly sensitive, which can trip because of switches or relays, as your have seen with washer.
LESs are draw very little amperage. Tripping breaker indicates a bad bulb or wiring problem.

If I am reading right, when only 2 strings were connected, the problem went away.
How many strings are you using. Your problem is with one of these. Plug in one at a time and see which one trips the breaker.

I am guessing, he was checking Ohms with his multimeter. It should read 0.
Reading 40 indicates crossed wires.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GFCI is working
Some are overly sensitive, which can trip because of switches or relays, as your have seen with washer.
LESs are draw very little amperage. Tripping breaker indicates a bad bulb or wiring problem.

If I am reading right, when only 2 strings were connected, the problem went away.
How many strings are you using. Your problem is with one of these. Plug in one at a time and see which one trips the breaker.

I am guessing, he was checking Ohms with his multimeter. It should read 0.
Reading 40 indicates crossed wires.

I’ll have to go back outside tomorrow to confirm but I believe there are 7 strings total. 5 on string and the other 2 by themselves. Wife is currently talking with them and I think they are gonna come back out to check all the wiring tomorrow. One strand appears dimmer than the others to me but wife thinks they all look the same. I think it’s definitely a bad connection between each strand where they cut in and added plugs.

Its never easy with anything around the Roberts home!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Water leaks easy to find and pain to fix
Electrical are hard to find, but usually easier to fix.

Plug each strand in individually and see if 1 or more trip.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if that’s the case, wouldn’t it cause the breaker to flip, even after they are split up?
My neighbor is an electrical engineer and he thinks it’s the lights also, and that maybe a hot and neutral are flipped or touching etc
After 36 years in a related field ,and engineer is the last guy I would listen to......just saying

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife really wants to have some piece of mind about this situation so can any of you recommend an electrician in the BA area? She just wants someone to make sure it’s nothing on our end that could be causing it based on the washer flipping it occasionally etc

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After 36 years in a related field ,and engineer is the last guy I would listen to......just saying

Yeppers...

...wife and I witnessed an argument between an electrical engineer and an electrician one day in Oregon.

It was fun to watch for a while, but we eventually moved to another group of people at the party.

Latest posts

Top Bottom