Electronic Ear Muffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any suggestions on what to get, or what to watch out for? Academy has them for what seems to me to be reasonable prices ($80 range) and I am going to need some for me and my wife.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure you read the specs on the packaging before you buy. I was in Academy looking for some hearing protection and they had several that looked like I wanted. I read the specs on a few and there was a “not for sport shooting use” or words to that effect warning on the back.

I bought some in the ear electronic plugs by Walker Game Ear. They are rated for sport shooting. They take a little getting used to. The batteries don’t last as long as I’d like and because they are hearing aid type batteries are a bit pricey. Midway USA has them on sale now and then.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got 4-5 pairs of Caldwells. I think my wife has caught em on sale a couple times at Midwayusa for right around $20 a pair. They work well for my family. They cancel out things like a slide closing on a 1911 but amplify a branch being stepped on or someone whispering to you.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know they aren't the top rated muffs out there, and if I were shooting competitions on a regular basis I might consider upgrading, but these have worked really well for me. They have never failed to cut off when needed and I can have a normal conversation with other people (assuming they have electronic muffs on as well).

Amazon Link - Not affiliated

Latest posts

Top Bottom