Electronic Hearing protection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the 101 on these? I usually use NRR33 ear plugs but think I'd like to give some of the electronic ear muffs a try. What to look for/avoid? Seems the prices are all over the place for seemingly the same NRR...so what do you get with a $300 set vs a $75 set?

Which ones work best to not jack with your cheek weld or is that just part of it you gotta deal with?

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never tried a high dollar set. The cheapies (Walkers) work just fine for me. I just like that I can hear when someone is talking.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never used the super expensive ones. My experience is they don't normally have as high a rating as ear plugs. They are nice for using when shooting pistol or if you are talking to other shooters. I don't like using them when rifle shooting due to cheek weld. Also they can be hot which is another down fall for me.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Caldwell's died, replaced with Walker Alpha's. I use them or SureFire's.

I have been known to use foams or the SureFire's with my muffs at the range.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shooting bolt guns with low profile muffs is not bad because of the dropped stalk, but the AR platform with the straight stocks pretty much requires plugs.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup nothing like a SBR next to you to make you wish you had ear plugs with muffs on top and a social distancing barrier between you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom