Elgin Schools Closed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Back in the '80's, my wife attended college at Panhandle State in Goodwell, OK. She drove a car with front wheel drive and seldom ever missed making the 40 mile trip to the college. There were a few times when her instructor gave her extra credit because she made it to class but kids living on campus didn't.

As for today, it is 38 degrees here at the RV park and while we had some light rain earlier, there is nothing going on at the moment. But, we'll see how the day finishes up.
Yeah her 2 door 93' Pontiac Grand Am would go just about anywhere forward. Reverse was instant slide and stuck lol.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We ain’t gonna get jack crap where I live. We never do. I love how the weathermen hype this crap up. They had their little forecast in the tv and it said it will melt at sunrise tomorrow anyway. What a joke. I don’t know how people take them seriously anymore. I sure don’t.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can say the schools here locally made the right call, we're probably at 3-5" so far and still falling. Someone said on FB that the ground was still bare at 0430 this morning, so it hit fast. All this talk about not getting snow days when we were kids, try growing up in East TX and Louisiana, I only remember one winter when we had white stuff in LA, and it was pretty much all ICE! Out of power and water for a week plus.

20230124_090828.jpg

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when i was in school no such thing as bad weather days we was worse than the post office, nor rain,sleet,snow or tornados closed the school, the only time school closed was 2 weeks for thanksgiving so all the farmers could get their cotton crops in with all the kids staying home to work in the fields.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I can say the schools here locally made the right call, we're probably at 3-5" so far and still falling. Someone said on FB that the ground was still bare at 0430 this morning, so it hit fast. All this talk about not getting snow days when we were kids, try growing up in East TX and Louisiana, I only remember one winter when we had white stuff in LA, and it was pretty much all ICE! Out of power and water for a week plus.

View attachment 342156
I like the truck. :)

I always wanted one that style and that is one of my favorite colors too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom