Elon Musk 2018 Vow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man there's a whole lot of misinformed screeching going on in here; especially from the people that don't own one, don't know anybody with one, or are just repeating stuff they read on the internet because reasons. Next you're gonna tell me .45AARP and 30-06 are the greatest cartridges ever devised.

1. The LR Model 3 does ~320 miles on a charge
  2. You plug in at home, every night. Wake up, full tank (this is at home, on a HPWC. It's my folks personal car)
    4nheJmh.jpg
  3. How many people drive more than that every single day? Not many, if you do; it's not for you.
  4. Superchargers are everywhere. They dump range into your battery at nearly 500 mi/hr and then taper off
    gdxy3ZE.jpg
  5. The built-in nav knows your useage, it knows *exactly* how long you need to stop, and bakes all of that into it's directions AND you can see real time consumption. It has been very accurate in my experience.
  6. Here's a hypothetical cross country trip from NYC-LA in a LR Model 3
    PHKDuWq.jpg
For the entire drive, you stop for an average of 20 minutes at each location for a total of 6 hours on the entire drive. It's almost irrelevant in the grand scheme considering how many times you're going to stop and eat, pee, or spend the night somewhere (which you can then preferentially pick a place with charging.

Sorry to continue the de-rail but un/misinformed screeching by folks with 0 experience about said topics really chaps my ass. You want to learn about them, come out and talk to the people that own them.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem to jive with the numbers Tesla posted on their website for charging times and distance capacity. So, who is wrong with the numbers? Tesla's website or your source above?

Here's the link again:

Tesla - Home Charging Installation

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem to jive with the numbers Tesla posted on their website for charging times and distance capacity. So, who is wrong with the numbers? Tesla's website or your source above?

Here's the link again:

Tesla - Home Charging Installation

That photo is my folks Model 3, sent to me when they got their HPWC installed this week. (We also own a Model 3 and have charged at HPWC several times). The HPWC, when given a dedicated circuit with enough amperage will supply 48A to the Model 3. The mobile chargers, which your link references, output a max of 30A for a recharge rate of 30-37 mi/hr when fed by a 240V/50A circuit.

We typically see a 24 mi/hr charge rate when plugged into a 240/30A leg at home. So technically we're both right, you just didn't have the added information for a HPWC vs the mobile charger.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man there's a whole lot of misinformed screeching going on in here; especially from the people that don't own one, don't know anybody with one, or are just repeating stuff they read on the internet because reasons. Next you're gonna tell me .45AARP and 30-06 are the greatest cartridges ever devised.
Just to keep up with the thread drift as some call it, there could be some intense discussion about the 30-06 being the most versatile cartridge ever invented. :hey3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom