Elon Musk terminates offer to buy Twitter…🤣

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
it's an interesting dynamic because the US government cannot allow twitter to just die, especially with the Chinese having Tik Tok now, so like the media and stuff can't go ALL IN against twitter.

people will still use it. not me, because i would still get banned because Elon is mostly controlled opposition.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably sell that twitter building for a billion dollars and building somewhere smaller, cleaner, and cheaper. I'm envisioning a lot of work from home jobs.
Elon is not a work from type of manager. In fact he told his employees after the extended covid lockdowns that if they weren’t back to work in 3 days, they needed to find a different job.

Elon Musk tells Tesla employees: Return to the office, or else​

“Anyone who wishes to do remote work must be in the office for a minimum (and I mean *minimum*) of 40 hours per week or depart Tesla. This is less than we ask of factory workers,” Musk wrote, adding that the office must be the employee’s primary workplace where the other workers they regularly interact with are based — “not a remote branch office unrelated to the job duties.”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/01/tech/elon-musk-tesla-ends-work-from-home/index.html

Gypsy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elon is not a work from type of manager. In fact he told his employees after the extended covid lockdowns that if they weren’t back to work in 3 days, they needed to find a different job.

“Anyone who wishes to do remote work must be in the office for a minimum (and I mean *minimum*) of 40 hours per week or depart Tesla. This is less than we ask of factory workers,” Musk wrote, adding that the office must be the employee’s primary workplace where the other workers they regularly interact with are based — “not a remote branch office unrelated to the job duties.”
Yeah, unfortunately productivity went down with WFH. Rest of my statement still stands. If I don't have to hear the words twitter, tweet, tweeted I won't be mad.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately productivity went down with WFH. Rest of my statement still stands. If I don't have to hear the words twitter, tweet, tweeted I won't be mad.
...it did?

and not because of the OTHER restrictions in place, a global transportation freeze, a massive fuel cost increase, ports closing/backing up, and people literally being fired for not getting (not)vaxxed?

did you factor in all those things?

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The metrics I have seen pulled from a couple of large companies indicates otherwise. It appears that any additional breaks attributed to WFH are more than offset by fewer water cooler chats, fewer disruptions from people stopping by to shoot the ****, and more work being done outside of core work hours.

Personally, I spend far more time working after 5pm and before 7am working from home than I would if I had to commute to an office. It is far easier to detach from work when it isnt based at home. It is both a plus and minus.

My work from home has nothing to do with COVID though, I negotiated it in when they headhunted me for a specific role.

Gypsy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...it did?

and not because of the OTHER restrictions in place, a global transportation freeze, a massive fuel cost increase, ports closing/backing up, and people literally being fired for not getting (not)vaxxed?

did you factor in all those things?
I'm talking about Tesla, Elon's bread and butter, not every WFH job. As far as Twitter, I hope it gets gutted or reformed. Elon has a reputation for being especially tough on his workers.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The metrics I have seen pulled from a couple of large companies indicates otherwise. It appears that any additional breaks attributed to WFH are more than offset by fewer water cooler chats, fewer disruptions from people stopping by to shoot the ****, and more work being done outside of core work hours.

Personally, I spend far more time working after 5pm and before 7am working from home than I would if I had to commute to an office. It is far easier to detach from work when it isnt based at home. It is both a plus and minus.

My work from home has nothing to do with COVID though, I negotiated it in when they headhunted me for a specific role.
imo the main reasoning behind this is very simple:

>working at the office; on company time. i will drag my feet on tasks that i *could* complete *far faster* because i am here for an allotted time; and that time is not time that i could be using to do other things that would benefit me

>working at home; on my time. i will complete tasks *as efficiently as possible* (which depending on commute i'm already one or two hours ahead on) because i am home and my time is still my time that i can be using to do other things that will benefit me.

i have *no* incentive to extend the time it takes to complete a task when working from home. i literally have *every* incentive to drag my feet at the office. anyone who has ever worked in a setting that isn't literally production/industrial based understands and sees this.

ya'll don't work *nearly* as hard as you think. lots of people are *really* good at making it look like it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1666901160344-png.1114182

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

“Working from home” at 3:45 pm on OSA but spends far more time after 5 pm working? 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom