Elon Musk terminates offer to buy Twitter…🤣

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
imo the main reasoning behind this is very simple:

>working at the office; on company time. i will drag my feet on tasks that i *could* complete *far faster* because i am here for an allotted time; and that time is not time that i could be using to do other things that would benefit me

>working at home; on my time. i will complete tasks *as efficiently as possible* (which depending on commute i'm already one or two hours ahead on) because i am home and my time is still my time that i can be using to do other things that will benefit me.

i have *no* incentive to extend the time it takes to complete a task when working from home. i literally have *every* incentive to drag my feet at the office. anyone who has ever worked in a setting that isn't literally production/industrial based understands and sees this.

ya'll don't work *nearly* as hard as you think. lots of people are *really* good at making it look like it.
“Working” from home at 3:56 pm on OSA. 😂

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
While I agree some are more efficient working a desk job from home many are not and spend time not working. Some need more work to do. A LOT of positions could be eliminated with some desk audits and assignment of work. Just look at the times some people post here on OSA as an example. I’m sure it makes some mad to point out the obvious truth. Now I’m sure some will say they spend time working after 5 before 8 etc to justify the time spent on here. Maybe they do and maybe they don’t. I’ve done a lot of desk audits And most people have more than ample time to complete 8 hours of work. Most couldn’t keep busy for 6.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
“Working” from home at 3:56 pm on OSA. 😂
yes. i'm self employed and don't always have work. when i do, i can choose to do it at 2 am if i want. believe it or not get this: it's easier to do things *other than work* while everything is open and available to me, and then i get actually work when things are closed.

rather than having no times to do errands or chores or @*!&post because everything is closed on the off hours you "aren't at work".

if you don't believe me give a project lol. my work speaks for itself, trust me.

the idea that you think me posting online at a certain area indicates my work ethic means you completely miss the point. it also takes me all of about five minutes to refresh this page, check for new posts (it's the only way to get good deals, you HAVE to be first on this site, you can ONLY be first by constantly checking), respond if someone posts something interesting, etc.
i don't have facebook, reddit, twitter, netflix, i dunno what else. so yeah, i do refresh OSA, particularly at the 3-8 pm hours because that's when most people post listings. oddly enough, WHEN THEY GET OFF WORK omgg....

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
yes. i'm self employed and don't always have work. when i do, i can choose to do it at 2 am if i want. believe it or not get this: it's easier to do things *other than work* while everything is open and available to me, and then i get actually work when things are closed.

rather than having no times to do errands or chores or @*!&post because everything is closed on the off hours you "aren't at work".

if you don't believe me give a project lol. my work speaks for itself, trust me.

the idea that you think me posting online at a certain area indicates my work ethic means you completely miss the point. it also takes me all of about five minutes to refresh this page, check for new posts (it's the only way to get good deals, you HAVE to be first on this site, you can ONLY be first by constantly checking), respond if someone posts something interesting, etc.
i don't have facebook, reddit, twitter, netflix, i dunno what else. so yeah, i do refresh OSA, particularly at the 3-8 pm hours because that's when most people post listings. oddly enough, WHEN THEY GET OFF WORK omgg....
Seems to me if you’re self-employed wouldn’t work in an office anyway so it’s a moot point for you

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
yeah it is. but even when i did my current job at a shop during "business hours" it was mostly pointless and i was just wasting time when i could until 5 pm.

now i work with lots of corporate clients and no doubt corporate glut is a huge thing. even tho i work in the industry, i understand the hate on things like art departments lol.

but i mean, you def don't want a crappy one.

in almost any corporation, large or small, or factory or industrial setting i've been in, the people at the bottom are always working the hardest, actually getting the most product per hour, accomplishing the most tasks, etc etc. this would include tons of factories around oklahoma.

the people in the "ideas" economy do doubt have FAR more "down time" whether they'd admit it or not.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for him. Working from home is a joke. Half the posts made on this forum are from people “working” at home.

Really? So I should commute 709 miles one way to begin work and then 700 miles back before my first call?!? BTW, I’ve been doing this since 2014.

Might want to rethink that a bit.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“Working from home” at 3:45 pm on OSA but spends far more time after 5 pm working? 😂
Hahaha, you have absolutely no clue what my job entails. I am on call for support to my team 24/7, available to support our upper management 24/7, and available to manage interactions between my group and our accounting, emissions, regulatory reporting, etc. groups 24/7. We work on weekends if needed, at 10pm if needed and if one of my guys is on a call at 3am and gets stuck trying to troubleshoot an issue in the field 15 hours away. The other side of my responsibility is representing my company and our interests on committees, conference boards, and regulatory round tables. I can assure you that the company is getting a lot for what they pay me.

There is also an ebb and flow in my industry. Sometimes it requires 18-20 hour days to barely keep our head above water and sometimes it requires 6 hours a day to keep things maintained and moving smoothly.

I don't normally try to make assumptions about other people or their backgrounds, but I think most people can comprehend that not all jobs are as basic and straightforward as punching in, doing a task for X hours and punching out.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah it is. but even when i did my current job at a shop during "business hours" it was mostly pointless and i was just wasting time when i could until 5 pm.

now i work with lots of corporate clients and no doubt corporate glut is a huge thing. even tho i work in the industry, i understand the hate on things like art departments lol.

but i mean, you def don't want a crappy one.

in almost any corporation, large or small, or factory or industrial setting i've been in, the people at the bottom are always working the hardest, actually getting the most product per hour, accomplishing the most tasks, etc etc. this would include tons of factories around oklahoma.

the people in the "ideas" economy do doubt have FAR more "down time" whether they'd admit it or not.
"THAT" gives me an idea!

Latest posts

Top Bottom