Elon Musk terminates offer to buy Twitter…🤣

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even meth addicts get hungry after awhile and know they need food. Granted, it takes them longer than most, but eventually they know they're starving. Having dealt with them for many years I've seen it first-hand.
True, usually it is a serious sugar craving. There use to be an outlet type grocery store south of downtown seattle. It was surrounded by homeless camps. I use to shop there for deals ( they actually had a great organic section) but the kids stay home as it was not child friendly, or even remotely safe. Like every time you went there you saw something go down, screaming flip outs, racks of products tipped over, wine bottles thrown at staff. Anyway right by the registers they keep a fold out table of absolute crap junkfood, like knock off Twinkie tier, it was all marked UP, I guess to offset shoplifting. The store eventually closed due to crime.

RIP SODO grocery outlet
https://komonews.com/news/local/crime-prompts-sodos-only-grocery-store-to-close

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True, usually it is a serious sugar craving. There use to be an outlet type grocery store south of downtown seattle. It was surrounded by homeless camps. I use to shop there for deals ( they actually had a great organic section) but the kids stay home as it was not child friendly, or even remotely safe. Like every time you went there you saw something go down, screaming flip outs, racks of products tipped over, wine bottles thrown at staff. Anyway right by the registers they keep a fold out table of absolute crap junkfood, like knock off Twinkie tier, it was all marked UP, I guess to offset shoplifting. The store eventually closed due to crime.

RIP SODO grocery outlet
https://komonews.com/news/local/crime-prompts-sodos-only-grocery-store-to-close
I'm not familiar with SODO's. For the short time we were in Seattle, years ago, we did visit the World Market a couple times and discovered Piroshky Piroshky Bakery across the street. We visited them on several occasions and we still order stuff from them around the holidays. If you've never been there I'm here to tell ya they got some serious good grub inside those doors.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
img_1_1668901965345.jpg

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with SODO's. For the short time we were in Seattle, years ago, we did visit the World Market a couple times and discovered Piroshky Piroshky Bakery across the street. We visited them on several occasions and we still order stuff from them around the holidays. If you've never been there I'm here to tell ya they got some serious good grub inside those doors.
SODO is "SOuth of DOwn town" and generally not a team of endearment

"Piroshky, Piroshky!", be still my beating heart.

When I first moved in with my wife we lived downtown, walking distance from Pike Place so the market was my regular grocery store, although at times it was like " please stop taking pictures of the broccoli I am trying to buy it." It was a great experience, I will always miss it. In fact I would kill for a croque monster from La Pichet or bread from La boulongerie, I have yet to find a decent bakery here and sourdough seems to not exist. Thankfully sprouts carries Sockeye because friends don't let.friends ear farmed.salmon.

Apparently Piroshky Piroshky will be in Dallas in Dec for a pop up. Piroshky Piroshky to Make Stop in Dallas on Pop-Up Tour. There was a cafe next to my bus top that carried their Piroshky, I use to pick them up on Friday on the way home.from work. Also apparently Piroshky were a grey market item in the Soviet union, people could take their rations but Piroshky ingredients and sell them for cash on the side. The.restraint is named "Piroshky Piroshky" because that is what the Piroshky man would yell, kinda like the tamale lady or the Elotero.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SODO is "SOuth of DOwn town" and generally not a team of endearment

"Piroshky, Piroshky!", be still my beating heart.

When I first moved in with my wife we lived downtown, walking distance from Pike Place so the market was my regular grocery store, although at times it was like " please stop taking pictures of the broccoli I am trying to buy it." It was a great experience, I will always miss it. In fact I would kill for a croque monster from La Pichet or bread from La boulongerie, I have yet to find a decent bakery here and sourdough seems to not exist. Thankfully sprouts carries Sockeye because friends don't let.friends ear farmed.salmon.

Apparently Piroshky Piroshky will be in Dallas in Dec for a pop up. Piroshky Piroshky to Make Stop in Dallas on Pop-Up Tour. There was a cafe next to my bus top that carried their Piroshky, I use to pick them up on Friday on the way home.from work. Also apparently Piroshky were a grey market item in the Soviet union, people could take their rations but Piroshky ingredients and sell them for cash on the side. The.restraint is named "Piroshky Piroshky" because that is what the Piroshky man would yell, kinda like the tamale lady or the Elotero.
A Piroshky, Piroshky pop up tour! OMG thank you for sharing that info. We will be going I assure you!

La boulongerie is another culinary delight that I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing in a very long time. I never heard of La Pichet otherwise I'm certain it would have been another regular stop my doctor would have scolded me about.

Seattle and the WA coast, like CA, definitely has some very beautiful scenery as well as places we really enjoyed visiting and dining at, unfortunately thanks to the politics, living in any of those areas is no longer an option.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom