EMP you should consider the inevitable posibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We know our Credit Cards and other major things, cars, computers, will stop. But what are we missing?
I know Bic lighters and matches will work. Along with hand operated can openers.
Water well pumps?
Garage door opener.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually have a sundial time piece I got when in boy scouts. (and no, it wasn't back in the stone ages)It has instructions along with an onboard compass to adjust for magnetic north vs true north so the time will be more accurate as well as location correction.
Off to see if I can find it.
Edit: not where I thought it would be. but it looks like this pic I robbed from the internet.

1685586583915.png

Last edited:

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody keeps talking about the grid going down. Why isn't (or is there) anything being done to solve that issue?
I am not in the industry nor do I have first-hand knowledge. However, I have been told prior to covid many of the more significant larger components are produced in China and take at least 18 months from order to receiving them. This is during times where we are supposed to be trading partners. Since covid I am sure that time has increased. If it were war or some other issue, we would be in significant trouble.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have any interest at all in this subject, I highly recommend "One Second After" by William Forstchen. It's an entertaining yet sobering read about how the days and months following an EMP strike would likely play out. Important takeaway: The most valuable commodity won't be gold or cigarettes or gasoline. It'll be ammunition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom