Empty store shelves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hadn’t even started to consider the reality for people on fixed incomes. How much more will things have to go up before most can’t stay afloat? Won’t they have to raise payment amounts at a certain point?
The COLA will go up but it will not keep up. It never has. Those on fixed-income are pretty much screwed. Too many people do not consider or think of our elderly and are just plain greedy. That’s why there’s so many government handouts, politicians able to buy votes. Money should be going back into SSI and not all these other BS programs

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I wish I could have had what SS stole to add to my own investments, I know what Seadog says its correct. I have talks with several young, new hires trying to convince them to put money into their 401(k). Many will not listen and it costs them big bucks.

Thankfully, 5 years ago, the Company changed 401(k) contributions from 0%-15% to mandatory 3%, up to 15%.

3% isn't optimum, but it is something

Latest posts

Top Bottom