Encountered another pig today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It sure was a nice day today. About 79 and a slight breeze. I decided to get out and enjoy the weather. It saw me coming and took off. Probably just had a litter. For their size and short legs, I'm always surprised at how fast those suckers are (and how bad they stink). I wasn't really hunting so I just had a walk around the woods gun. 45 Colt. I'm not confident enough to hunt with it. Anyhow, the best time of the year is starting and hopefully we've seen the last of the upper 90s. The grasshoppers and flies were thick. Hopefully they get knocked down soon.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever get bit by a big momma sow, it makes you faster! Never got bit by a wild one, but have been nailed by the big mommas we raised. We were kids growing up, we tried racing them across their pens. We tried golf shoes, football cleats and boots with nails in them. Never did smoke one, they are athletes in that slimy **** they live in!

Last edited:

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple years ago, I spent several hours trying to sneak up on a big pig I had been seeing for a while. I was pretty sure I knew where he would be, holed up in some brush and small trees, and he was. I was less than 20 yards away when it occurred to me that if I didn't anchor him with the first shot and he decided to come after me, I was gonna be in some trouble. Fortunately he never got up after the first shot. I guessed 300 pounds. Biggest one by far that I have shot so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom