End of the year charity time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Christmas is almost here and as anyone that's ever cracked a bible can tell you it's truly better to give than to receive. Uncle Sam (for now) agrees and lets you cut your taxes by giving to charities too, and let's face it none of us wants to pay more in taxes than we already do. So with all that in mind, who are you guys giving to this year? I'm hoping this thread will add to our list of conservative charities and serve as an open list for people to reference every December when it's time to sigh, cry, and just give to the government or get excited and give it to good causes.

For us, the wife, kids, and I sit down and pick out of a handful of charities we like and talk about them, pray about it, and then agree on where we think our dollars will do the most good. This year we're giving to LibertyJusticeCenter.org (constitutional rights law hounds) and Preborn.org (anti abortion charity), along with our church and a family we know that has been hit by illness and some very trying times.

Last edited:

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I give to Hal Lindsey Ministry, Prophecy USA, Salvation Army and the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma....these are my favorites but I give to others from time to time.
I just added St. Jude today (12/23/21)....they do good work...!!!

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We only give local anymore. When we can we give to local food banks. We missed the Toys for Tots drive again this year. Seems like every year it gets harder to find a drop off place in Edmond.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not Salvation Army after their latest incident. I'll give to Samaritan's Purse, my local church and help someone out in the grocery line if they look like they are having a hard time.

I do this at least once a month. You can tell the one's that are trying to stretch the budget --- no convenience foods, no name brands, etc. If the cart is full of Pop Tarts, Lays chips, and Diet Coke......nope.

:thumb:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We mostly try to keep our money local. We have a group called Loaves and Fishes that helps the 'nutritionally challenged' 365 days a year. And, we give to the Garfield County Child Advocacy Council. This group runs the CASA program in the area, among other things. If there's a special place in your heart for abused and neglected children, you might look for the group that runs the CASA program in your area. If you need help finding them, give me a shout!
Merry Christmas, all!!!

Don

Latest posts

Top Bottom