Enhanced Background Check Act 2021 (HR 1446) Explained

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
full article: https://rocketffl.com/enhanced-background-check-act-2021-hr-1446/

Ryan Cleckner explains HR 1146

“HR 1446, or the Enhanced Background Check Act of 2021, was introduced on March 1, 2021 and has been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary. It proposes to fix the “Charleston Loophole” wherein a firearm may be transferred to an individual if there isn’t a denial of the background check within 3 days.”

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You cannot fix a "loophole" where none exists in the first place. In addition, the Charleston murder was legally permitted to purchase a firearm in the first place. That's why the ATF didn't attempt to recover the firearm during the two months leading up to the murders.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cerebral Palsy is considered a 'developmental disability'. Would someone with CP be denied on this basis alone? For me, it is not academic, as I have a mild case of CP.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, had any one had to wait? My longest wait is 15 minutes. I usually instant and I have a common name and don’t give my ssn.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, had any one had to wait? My longest wait is 15 minutes. I usually instant and I have a common name and don’t give my ssn.
Maybe they have you in the Rolodex! I’m instant too but don’t have a common name. I know a few that get delayed every time. One guy to the point that he stopped buying at all. He said he has the biggest issue at Academy in Edmond. They won’t proceed after the three days. Might be a company policy? I don’t know for sure but they would not let him pick up the gun after 3 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom