Enjoying the weather...some brass prep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well with the addition of the "new" Dillon 650...I figured I better get in gear and process some blackout brass. Weather was nice so why not do the "not fun" part of reloading.
I had previously rough cut and sized it all from 5.56 brass and there it sat.
Set up the WFT in the drill press to do a final trim, I'm impressed how consistent and easy it is. You can get a feel for it and when it needs to be emptied out of shavings...it will all the sudden feel spongy and be about .005 longer than the rest.

a.jpg

So I'm sitting there and I hear something behind me...apparently between the time I opened the garage from inside the house and walked out, the neighbors dog decided to come "help". He hung out for about half an hour or so while I trimmed brass.

b.jpg
c.jpg

After he left I did the chamfer/deburr so for the most part this brass is done. Finished out 480 pieces this afternoon.

d.jpg

Hopefully the conversion kit shows tomorrow and I can set up the machine for some subsonic blackout. I'm about ready to be in production!

Latest posts

Top Bottom