Enough Gun For Hogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to be a member here that dropped a charging sow with a .40SW right between the eyes. She dropped like a rock right onto her belly. All 4 legs just went right out from under her at the same time. She promptly shook it off and got up really pissed off.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to be a member here that dropped a charging sow with a .40SW right between the eyes. She dropped like a rock right onto her belly. All 4 legs just went right out from under her at the same time. She promptly shook it off and got up really pissed off.

I shot a big boar coming at me with a .44 mag aiming for the head, but he turned the head at the last moment. Second shot didn’t miss.
Found the bullet on the first shot in the hindquarter under the skin after traveling from the base of the neck. Not a fatal shot.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm coming to OK in July, and I was reading some of the regs for hunting piggies. On post (FT. Sill) it states you have to use a 12 GA with slugs. How about off post? What is allowed caliber wise? Any recommendations for the Lawton area for hunting hogs.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm coming to OK in July, and I was reading some of the regs for hunting piggies. On post (FT. Sill) it states you have to use a 12 GA with slugs. How about off post? What is allowed caliber wise? Any recommendations for the Lawton area for hunting hogs.
Essentially anything you want to use as they aren't considered game animals. You only have to follow the general hunting regs for firearms carry, permission for land access, etc., etc. and you're good. You don't even have to retrieve if you don't want to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom