Entry Level 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you'll enjoy your new pistol quite a bit.

Have to watch out those low bids that "will never win"...I'm the proud owner of a Wilson Combat 1911 that I figured I'd never win. Even with the low purchase price, that one still hurt :D.

Bad thing is there is full size Sig that I was interested in as well but couldn’t pass this one up.

Now to order some 8rd Wilson Mags and maybe a 10rd as well. Any recommendations as to which Wilsons to buy? Standard 47Ds? Or are some of the other Wilson mags the hot ticket now?

Dave

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bad thing is there is full size Sig that I was interested in as well but couldn’t pass this one up.

Now to order some 8rd Wilson Mags and maybe a 10rd as well. Any recommendations as to which Wilsons to buy? Standard 47Ds? Or are some of the other Wilson mags the hot ticket now?

Dave

Wilson mags (47D) are the gold standard. Hard to beat.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Dave

Wilson or Tripp mags.

Earl W. Davis

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Considering purchasing a budget Commander Size 1911 to simply have a 1911 in the collection and to see if I like 1911s enough to invest in a higher end version.

what are the 1911 aficionados opinion of the Tisas imported by SDS? I was thinking specifically of these two odels.

SDS Imports 1911 Carry Pistol-45 ACP For Sale - AtlanticFirearms.com

or

Tisas B45R Semi-Automatic 1911 Pistol 4.25" Barrel .45ACP 8rd - Black Cerakote W/ Accessory Rail

I am also considering a not so budget friendly SA EMP Lighweight Champion. know not a true 1911 as it has been scaled down, but I like the look of them and the current generation seems to get good reviews.

Springfield Armory PI9211L 1911 EMP Champion 9mm Luger 4' 10+1 Black Hardcoat Anodized Stainless Steel Slide Crossed Cannon Cocobolo Grip

Or just keep looking for a SA Range Officer Champion in 9mm or .45. So many choices…

Your input is appreciated.

Dave
The Tisas imported by SDS is great for the money. I got the SS 1911 45acp one at Blue Collar Tactical at S. Western & 89th in OKC. I have videos about firearms & they are very good. . FirearmFreedom,
hickok45 & NRA Gun of the Week has done some really good video about gun.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wilson 8 round ETM or the ETM HD/+P magazines and skip the polymer floor plates. 10 round magazines don’t have the reliability or longevity depending use. Slide lock reloads are harder on magazines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom