EPA increases ethanol to 15%

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think ethanol is really saving me money, so I go out of my way to not use it. Less MPG's. Not good for your car. What's the up side?

There is no "up side" to ethanol.....unless you happen to be the owner of an ethanol production facility. The manufacture of ethanol is a net energy loss without the lucrative government subsidies. Think about it....it takes diesel to plant corn, diesel and refinery byproducts to fertilize the corn, diesel to harvest and transport the corn to the processing facility, 3 gallons of water for every gallon of ethanol produced, and diesel to transport the ethanol to the fuel blending terminals.

Ethanol is yet another fine example of wasteful, uneducated fools in government dictating to us what is best. Only the benefactors of the subsidies stand to gain anything.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with Dirty Dawg. Drives the price of everything up and they are getting subsidizes. Food cost more - milk,beef,pork, chicken, and eggs all cost more because they are using a food product to make ethanol. it would be okay if they could find some noxious weeds or grass to make it out of .
Just another stupid Goverrnment program.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my Ranger,it's a flex fuel,I go from 23 mpg with pure gas to 20-21 with 10% e. gas.

My F150 is flex fuel as well, it goes from just over 17 in town to around 14 in town. The GT drops about 1 mpg but it's not a flex fuel engine. All flex fuel did was screw the consumer and the tax payer. I do everything I can to avoid e10 in my truck.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no "up side" to ethanol.....unless you happen to be the owner of an ethanol production facility. The manufacture of ethanol is a net energy loss without the lucrative government subsidies. Think about it....it takes diesel to plant corn, diesel and refinery byproducts to fertilize the corn, diesel to harvest and transport the corn to the processing facility, 3 gallons of water for every gallon of ethanol produced, and diesel to transport the ethanol to the fuel blending terminals.

Ethanol is yet another fine example of wasteful, uneducated fools in government dictating to us what is best. Only the benefactors of the subsidies stand to gain anything.

welllllll, that's not totally true. Truth be known all of that equipment can run on ethanol. The water consumption is lower than MANY crops. Ethanol can be produced from any cellulose based plant life. It doesn't have to be corn. It can literally be produced from your lawn clippings.

The fact is they are not ready to start losing the oil money yet. Ethanol can be be a very good thing, just ask Brazil.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Let me take that back....the elitists in power know what they are doing....and they are doing it for their benefit..not ours. They are systematically destroying this nation by design. Not by chance or mistake....they are intentionally doing what benefits them, gets them re-elected, and gives them more feeling of power.

Latest posts

Top Bottom