Equifax Hack, were you effected?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might be best if we go back to showing up in person with your photo id matching their information and putting your real signature on a piece of real paper with a real pen with ink in it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm lucky in that I already have Credit Karma and also, credit monitoring through USAA. A few years ago, when I worked at UCO in Edmond, I got notified that I was in a group of people there who had been hacked...they gave us free credit monitoring and monthly reports on credit inquiries, attempts, etc. it was pretty good too, I got notified that attempts to use my debit card number had been detected a few times. Like in Arizona and later in...I think it was Portugal, on the same day. I told them I hadn't left Yukon all day! But then, who's to say these crooks can't access Credit Karma, or whatever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've read that when one checks to see if they are affected on the website indicated that it will indicate everyone is impacted-if I'm making myself clear. I'm not worried, what are they going to do if I really am impacted send me to Vietnam?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read that when one checks to see if they are affected on the website indicated that it will indicate everyone is impacted-if I'm making myself clear. I'm not worried, what are they going to do if I really am impacted send me to Vietnam?
Yep, I used some fake names and my social and it said the same thing each time. My bad for posting a bogus link...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm lucky in that I already have Credit Karma and also, credit monitoring through USAA. A few years ago, when I worked at UCO in Edmond, I got notified that I was in a group of people there who had been hacked...they gave us free credit monitoring and monthly reports on credit inquiries, attempts, etc. it was pretty good too, I got notified that attempts to use my debit card number had been detected a few times. Like in Arizona and later in...I think it was Portugal, on the same day. I told them I hadn't left Yukon all day! But then, who's to say these crooks can't access Credit Karma, or whatever?
I didn't know USAA has credit monitoring. We use them. I'll contact them Monday. Thanks.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Must be getting old here. When did I give Equifax permission to store all my private financial information on their computers? Nope, do not remember doing that. Surely they would have not just decided to do that on their own and put me at risk would they?

Latest posts

Top Bottom