Eric Swalwell Has a Plan for Handguns Once AR-15s Are Confiscated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"I'm convinced that we have to have federal legislation to build on. We're going to have to take one step at a time, and the first step is necessarily -- given the political realities -- going to be very modest. Of course, it's true that politicians will then go home and say, 'This is a great law. The problem is solved.' And it's also true that such statements will tend to defuse the gun-control issue for a time. So then we'll have to strengthen that law, and then again to strengthen that law, and maybe again and again. Right now, though, we'd be satisfied not with half a loaf but with a slice. Our ultimate goal -- total control of handguns in the United States -- is going to take time. My estimate is from seven to ten years. The problem is to slow down the increasing number of handguns sold in this country. The second problem is to get them all registered. And the final problem is to make the possession of all handguns and all handgun ammunition -- except for the military, policemen, licensed security guards, licensed sporting clubs, and licensed gun collectors -- totally illegal."

Nelson P. 'Pete' Shields, founder of Handgun Control, Inc. The New Yorker, July 26, 1976

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best part is the gun salesman of the year 8 of the last 10 years was Obama. When a Dim gets elected president again the gun manufactures won't be able to make them fast enough.

1.bp.blogspot.com__e95377bA0g4_UMH_7UMlMHI_AAAAAAAAkIU_Mnr6d3C607a7e7cc8a8baff21144eb8b8aac3d2.jpg

Last edited:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"I'm convinced that we have to have federal legislation to build on. We're going to have to take one step at a time, and the first step is necessarily -- given the political realities -- going to be very modest. Of course, it's true that politicians will then go home and say, 'This is a great law. The problem is solved.' And it's also true that such statements will tend to defuse the gun-control issue for a time. So then we'll have to strengthen that law, and then again to strengthen that law, and maybe again and again. Right now, though, we'd be satisfied not with half a loaf but with a slice. Our ultimate goal -- total control of handguns in the United States -- is going to take time. My estimate is from seven to ten years. The problem is to slow down the increasing number of handguns sold in this country. The second problem is to get them all registered. And the final problem is to make the possession of all handguns and all handgun ammunition -- except for the military, policemen, licensed security guards, licensed sporting clubs, and licensed gun collectors -- totally illegal."

Nelson P. 'Pete' Shields, founder of Handgun Control, Inc. The New Yorker, July 26, 1976

When Nelson P. 'Pete' Shields made the analogy of the loaf of bread(one slice at a time), this analogy has been around for many, many years. In fact it's been around so long it's got a name---INCREMENTALISM. Incrementalism(along with Legislation from the Bench) is SOP for the leftists in promoting, advancing and attaining almost the all of their agendas---including gun control.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course he has a plan. All the left, and most of the "right", has a plan. They all have the same plan, no matter which side they claim.

I think it was George Orwell who said something like

(Notice, this is a paraphrase, not a direct quote. There is a certain member that seems to enjoy pointing out a non-direct quote, and use that to try to prove his intellectual superiority)

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot smashing into your face, forever.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course he has a plan. All the left, and most of the "right", has a plan. They all have the same plan, no matter which side they claim.

I think it was George Orwell who said something like

(Notice, this is a paraphrase, not a direct quote. There is a certain member that seems to enjoy pointing out a non-direct quote, and use that to try to prove his intellectual superiority)

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot smashing into your face, forever.
For future reference, the actual quote (from BrainyQuote, though I won't link to it here) is:

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."

Latest posts

Top Bottom