Estate Attorney Recommendation for Quick Will (OKC Area)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Already called and left them a message. 👍
Hoping all goes well for you. FYI - I am without legal Docs as well and plan to call them. I have hesitated because of the unknown ripoff Lawyers…. Thanks for posting, and once again - Prayers that all goes great!! 🙏

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might consider identical wills for you and your spouse.
In the trade I think they’re called Mirror Wills, and they usually don’t cost a lot more to do because they essentially say the same things, just with the names of the parties swapped.

Disclaimer: I’m not an attorney, although I used to work for an attorney who specialized in wills.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody have a recommendation for an attorney in the OKC area to do a quick will for me and my wife? I am undergoing my second triple bypass in 8 years here in less than a month and my wife is very uneasy about it and would like for me to get a will in place before the surgery.

Thanks,

David
Not an attorney...have my pride.....ashamedly, but handily, DIL is one......not offering legal advice. Just raising your awareness for your investigation. You need a Durable Power of Attorney, Healthcare Directive, pour over will (pour over....anything not put in trust will pour over into trust automatically upon death), and a trust with you and your wife as Grantors In Trust.......estate planning. Laugh, but you can get an OK (or any state in where you have domicile) valid trust with all needed documents for about $200 through SuzyOrman.com. Quick, easy, legal, painless, great comfort. Can be modified as your situation changes. BUT, DO NOT FORGET TO FUND THE TRUST.....act of placing assets into the trust name.......title everything with a title, deed, investment accounts (not IRAs.) etc into the trust. An unfunded trust is invalid, worthless. Be aware there is a 5-year (unless updated recently) look back regarding Medicare/aid lien on assets, should that come into your situation. Good luck, best wishes.

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fully recommend using Holmes, Holmes and Neisent HHN for wills, estate planning, etc. Get your will updated for sure, but putting everything in a trust is cheaper than having a family member deal with the cost of probate.

They will also have setup a durable power-of-attorney and medical power-of-attorney so someone else has the legal authority to make financial or medical decisions for you, if you are unable.

I went through probate for my dad's estate. Probate cost 3x more than setting up a trust for mom.

Holmes and team do a fantastic job with estate planning. I recommend them to everyone in Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom