Estate Attorney

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good estate attorney? My wife’s mother has about reached the end of her journey here on earth and my wife has been in charge of her finances for years. Now with the end in sight there are two siblings that are both meaner than a two headed snake and I’d like to know how we can protect ourselves from lawsuits.
The attorney that did our estate planning is retired, but If done right, you can avoid Probate, and all the fees, and hassle that goes with that! Talk to friends where you live, to find one that have used, and liked!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't let your brothers be alone with your mom-especially if she is easily influenced because they could coerce her to do a new will. And a will is only as valid as the first day walking out of the attorney's office because the next day it could be changed. I know, my ex-con half-bro influenced my mom and she made a new will out leaving me zip. If your brothers are in the will, a question might be asked, "is our relationship worth what is in the will?" She signed her car over to me and within a week said she wanted it back and then she signed it over to the half-brother. I simply forgot the entire mess and am far better off today than the rest of my family.
Just be aware that snakes have a way of striking when you least expect it...

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate the suggestion. I’m not too concerned about the will changing as the brother is in a different state and the sister has lived in Antigua for a few years.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hospitals don’t make more $ the longer the admission. For example with Medicare, the longer the admission, the less $ the hospital gets. Hospitals hire entire departments of coders and discharge planners to get the patient discharged as soon as it’s medically appropriate. The quicker the patient is discharged, the more $ the hospital gets.
Yep, this is sort of the end I'm on now and I can testify that we are hounding the Doctors about discharging patients. We get paid a fixed amount per disease with some "bonuses" I guess you could call them, with the more they have wrong with them. There are limits however, you generally don't get more money if they have more than one and some DRGs (their diagnosis basically) don't get any at all. Spend more on the patient than the dollar amount allocated and you eat it. But don't get rid of them too fast, if they come back within (I think) 30 days for the same thing, you get nothing.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Medicare 30 day readmission penalty is for a few certain diagnosis, like MI, copd, hip Fx.
Also, it’s not widely known that hospitals lose $ on Medicare admissions. That’s why the crazy left’s push for “Medicare for all” would be a disaster.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amazing the families that are ripped apart arguing over a nickel.

@Firpo What lawyer in Lawton?
I have relatives demanding things of me when my father dies. Art that didn't go to them when my grandparents were killed back in 1978. I've decided I'm keeping it and making sure to include it in any family photos I post to Farcebook.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hospitals don’t make more $ the longer the admission. For example with Medicare, the longer the admission, the less $ the hospital gets. Hospitals hire entire departments of coders and discharge planners to get the patient discharged as soon as it’s medically appropriate. The quicker the patient is discharged, the more $ the hospital gets.
Typically anything over 6 days is losing money

Latest posts

Top Bottom