Estate Attorney

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good estate attorney? My wife’s mother has about reached the end of her journey here on earth and my wife has been in charge of her finances for years. Now with the end in sight there are two siblings that are both meaner than a two headed snake and I’d like to know how we can protect ourselves from lawsuits.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good estate attorney? My wife’s mother has about reached the end of her journey here on earth and my wife has been in charge of her finances for years. Now with the end in sight there are two siblings that are both meaner than a two headed snake and I’d like to know how we can protect ourselves from lawsuits.
Sorry to hear that. I will also be looking for the same. As I found my last uncle who has passed in his home over the weekend. Its pretty much just my brother and I . But we still have my grandparents estate that was never resolved it seems.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best way is for your MIL to have a will or a POA. If she is still mentally competent she can do one easily. If she does not have decisional capacity, then OK law has a sequential order of who makes decisions. Spouse, then children, then siblings, etc.
If she is hospitalized, the hospital has an ethics staff that can assist.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just lost dad 2 sunday ago.. Power of attorney notorized.. and a will noterized.. 2 wittnesses for each..also.!! before her time is up!!! very sorry i know its tough.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told power of attorney is only good when the person is still alive but unable to conduct their own business, and on ours two doctors have to write a letter to that affect in order for the POA to become active, at least that is how ours are done.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody should have a trust. Best money you can spend and cheaper than a lawyer later. With a do not resesitate section so the greedy hospital doesn't keep them on life support for ever getting the estate no matter how small or large.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody should have a trust. Best money you can spend and cheaper than a lawyer later. With a do not resesitate section so the greedy hospital doesn't keep them on life support for ever getting the estate no matter how small or large.
Hospitals don’t make more $ the longer the admission. For example with Medicare, the longer the admission, the less $ the hospital gets. Hospitals hire entire departments of coders and discharge planners to get the patient discharged as soon as it’s medically appropriate. The quicker the patient is discharged, the more $ the hospital gets.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what they dont tell you is if you have power of attorney and a valid will you dont need a lawyer you can conduct any and all business of the estate both need to be original copy with a notary seal usually of different color. judge will recognize both as valid original and recognize you as the authorized person your good to go. just went through this yesterday! good luck and very sorry for your situation that brings this on!

Latest posts

Top Bottom